Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: JSS drop

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
321 of 662

Salman P wrote:

It's been 2 days I'm waiting for her reply. Will it affects my job success score?

No, of course not. It was the weekend and clients have 14 days to review work.

stefanfw
Stefan V Member Since: Dec 21, 2020
322 of 662

Hi, 

My job success score dropped without any apparent reason. I've tried contacting customer support several times, and they've failed to give me an adequate explanation. The only reason I could think of is that a couple of clients did not close their contracts with me but stopped supplying tasks. I closed two contracts myself - after a few months. I understand that employers can give private feedback, but, in truth, I can objectively say that I did what they asked of me at a high level. This leads me to think that some employers may try to use this 'open inactive contract' situation (if that contributes to the fall of JSS) to force freelancers to consider a refund. 

I'm really frustrated about this as I've not received a good explanation from anyone. I did everything that I was supposed to do and, still, my JSS dropped below 80. I would very much appreciate it if someone could explain this to me.

Regards

martina_plaschka
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
323 of 662

Stefan V wrote:

Hi, 

My job success score dropped without any apparent reason. I've tried contacting customer support several times, and they've failed to give me an adequate explanation. The only reason I could think of is that a couple of clients did not close their contracts with me but stopped supplying tasks. I closed two contracts myself - after a few months. I understand that employers can give private feedback, but, in truth, I can objectively say that I did what they asked of me at a high level. This leads me to think that some employers may try to use this 'open inactive contract' situation (if that contributes to the fall of JSS) to force freelancers to consider a refund. 

I'm really frustrated about this as I've not received a good explanation from anyone. I did everything that I was supposed to do and, still, my JSS dropped below 80. I would very much appreciate it if someone could explain this to me.

Regards

Please don't ask support to explain JSS to you. There are thousands of forum posts on the subject, plus it's also explained in the help section. 

But aside from that - I don't even see a JSS on your profile. That is either weird or means that it is below 50% now and does not show up. So that is good.

Be assured that JSS calculation works the same for every one. It is a rolling window, so it can change every 2 weeks even you do absolutely nothing, because good ratings are falling out of the window.

stefanfw
324 of 662

Thank you for your response.

If it is below 50, then that makes it worse since I have not dropped my level of performance, don't have any active disputes or, at a first glance, unsatisfied clients. So, it's really frustrating and discouraging to see such a sudden change in my JSS. I am still perplexed as to why this happened.

petra_r
Community Guru
325 of 662
Stefan V wrote:

This leads me to think that some employers may try to use this 'open inactive contract' situation (if that contributes to the fall of JSS) to force freelancers to consider a refund. 

Why in the world would they? A refund wouldn't improve the freelancer's JSS. Clients leave contracts open either because they have what they needed and are no longer interested, or because they don't want to leave feedback.

If clients don't close a contract, just close it yourself. No problem and no effect on the JSS.

Go to your My Stats page and take a look at your "Clients who would recommend you" percentage. What is it?

I've tried contacting customer support several times, and they've failed to give me an adequate explanation.

Yeah, no, don't do that. It wastes your and their time.

Ultimately, almost invariably when the JSS goes down it's because of private feedback. Unfortunately, that is a pill people find hard to swallow, so they start looking for other reasons. 

stefanfw
326 of 662

Yes, it is 82% - but why doesn't it show on my profile?

petra_r
Community Guru
327 of 662

Stefan V wrote:

Yes, it is 82% - but why doesn't it show on my profile?

Because that is private feedback and for the lifetime of your profile, whereas your JSS only takes maximum the last 2 years into consideration. You only completed 4 contracts in the last 2 years and only one of them had feedback. There is simply not enough data in the calculation window to calculate a meaningful JSS from. You don't actually have a JSS at all, or at least I can't see one on your profile?

However, That 82% private feedback means that contrary to your previous statement, clients aren't quite as thrilled as you thought,

stefanfw
328 of 662

The private score was affected by the recent developments. So, I guess you are right: at least one of my recent clients wasn't as happy as they made themselves to be during our chats. 

Well, thanks for taking the time to shed some light on my situation. 

petra_r
Community Guru
329 of 662

Stefan V wrote:

The private score was affected by the recent developments.

I am still at a loss where you see a drop in your JSS when I can't see any JSS at all on your profile?

Stefan V wrote:

at least one of my recent clients wasn't as happy as they made themselves to be during our chats. 

Only one of your clients in the last 2 years left any feedback (public and private) feedback at all. None of the others did.Or did you refund some contracts in the last 2 years?

stefanfw
330 of 662

I could observe the drop in the private score in the "My stats' page. Plus, I see that the requirements for the Top Rated badge are dropping gradually too (Required Weeks now down to 4). I do not know my real JSS (if it is different from the private score). I can only deduce that it has dropped because it was 100% before it disappeared. Plus, when I apply to some jobs with a requirement of "80%+ JSS", I can see that I do not fulfil this requirement - meaning that it is less than that...

I have not refunded any contracts.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS