Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why my score dropped suddenly?

jovanoskaelena
Elena J Member Since: Apr 19, 2021
721 of 1,652

Hey,

My JSS was 96%. After that, I had just one closed contract and the client gave me 5 stars review.
Suddenly my JSS decreased to 87%. I am confused and don't know what happened here. 

Can someone help me, and explain why this happens?  

Thanks

shivafernandes
Ace Contributor
Shiva S Member Since: Mar 16, 2021
722 of 1,652

Hi Elena!

There is something called private feedback, it's something that both you and your client can give each other and it has no relation with the 5-star rating, which is public.

So, some clients despite leaving 5 stars on the public review, the leave 'less positive' private reviews.

Nothing much we can do about it, really.

jovanoskaelena
Elena J Member Since: Apr 19, 2021
723 of 1,652

Hi Shiva,

Thank you for your answer.

1b358ec0
Anne R Member Since: Apr 19, 2021
724 of 1,652

Hello,

My JSS just dropped from 100% to 88%. I am wondering if that is because of one open contract where I completed one milestone. The contract is now open for a month without activity. It is a specialized topic and they do not have always work to be completed on that topic. I have been told by the client that if they have another project available, they would like to hire me. How do I address this conundrum? It seems weird that I am getting punished for having an open contract but I cannot think of anything else that could have caused this. How low will it drop if I leave the contract open? I appreciate any advice.

Best Regards and Thank you,

Anne

wlyonsatl
Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
725 of 1,652

Anne R.,

Don't worry about any open project adversely affecting your Job Success Score.

mubeenqazi
Mubeen R Member Since: Oct 16, 2017
726 of 1,652

I have recently done 3 jobs with 5-star ratings, despite the increase in JSS, it decreased, How to recover this? 

richardrader
Community Guru
Richard R Member Since: Jun 22, 2018
727 of 1,652

JSS is based on private feedback and not public feedback.

Also JSS is calculated based on 6 month, 12 month, and 24 month windows (whichever is higher). So its possible for successful projects to fall out of the window and lower your score. https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068358-Job-Success-Score#:~:text=When%20is%20My%20Jo....

mubeenqazi
Mubeen R Member Since: Oct 16, 2017
728 of 1,652

But it updated about every two weeks. Mine instead of increasing, decreased, When I am very close to earn a badge

modi-parth
Parth M Member Since: May 30, 2020
729 of 1,652

Hey team,

I was having a 100% success score. I was also eligible for the top-rated badge. And this is my 6th week for that. I've kept my profile Private and availability as "Not available" as I'm having a full-time job.

Everything was going well. But suddenly my success score drops down to 84%.

Can you guys help me with that?

Thanks

modi-parth
Parth M Member Since: May 30, 2020
730 of 1,652

Can anyone share some knowledge on this?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS