cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why my job success score is low when i have almost all positive feedbacks.

modi-parth
Parth M Member Since: May 30, 2020
701 of 1,055

Hey team,

I was having a 100% success score. I was also eligible for the top-rated badge. And this is my 6th week for that. I've kept my profile Private and availability as "Not available" as I'm having a full-time job.

Everything was going well. But suddenly my success score drops down to 84%.

Can you guys help me with that?

Thanks

modi-parth
702 of 1,055

Can anyone share some knowledge on this?

modi-parth
703 of 1,055

Hey team,

I was a developer with 100% success score. But this week, my success score got decreased to 84%.

I'm in 6 week of becoming top rated. I've no clue why my success score got decreased.

Can you please share me some knowledge on this?

Thanks

faranshahbazkhan
Ace Contributor
Faran S Member Since: Aug 22, 2018
704 of 1,055
Hope you're all doing well.

I have noticed my JSS has dropped significantly from the last couple of JSS updates all the way from 100% to 95% lately, and everytime the JSS is updated, the percentage drops by 1%.

I tried understanding the 6 month, 12 & 24 month window calculation, but unfortunately I failed to understand how the calculations are made, and if any next unfortunate contract with low ratings would drastically affect my scores as it would for someone with far lesser jobs and feedbacks than mine? Or would it not affect mine as bad as it would for someone with lesser jobs/feedbacks?

I also remember this time around last year, I had a 100% JSS, if the calculations take the best score out of the 2 windows (I don't definitely qualify for 24month window yet) then why isn't my score being updated to what it was back then?

I do fairly believe that most of my clients are pretty satisfied with my services, and not everyone believes in perfection. They might give you 8/10 in private recommendation which, for them is a good rating to give, but in return looks like it affects our score negatively, but why is that so?

Is there something we can do about it rather than requesting the client in regards to this?

I'm just disappointed, working so hard to be a top tier only to see the score keeps dropping by 1% the next time JSS is updated Smiley Sad

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
705 of 1,055

Faran S wrote:
I also remember this time around last year, I had a 100% JSS, if the calculations take the best score out of the 2 windows (I don't definitely qualify for 24month window yet) then why isn't my score being updated to what it was back then?

Because (obviously) the 12 month window includes the 6 month window, just as the 24 month window includes the 12 and 6 month windows.

And you *do* have a 24 month window as you've got outcomes that ended more than a year ago,

Faran S wrote:
I do fairly believe that most of my clients are pretty satisfied with my services, and not everyone believes in perfection. They might give you 8/10 in private recommendation which, for them is a good rating to give, but in return looks like it affects our score negatively, but why is that so?

It *IS* a good rating. A 95% JSS is an excellent JSS. Why would you have an expectation that every client marks you 10 out of 10? If clients did that across the board, all freelancers would have 100% JSS.

faranshahbazkhan
Ace Contributor
Faran S Member Since: Aug 22, 2018
706 of 1,055
Petra,

Thanks for the response, I would still love to get educated on how the "12 month, 24 month" window calculations exactly work?

Moreover, I wouldn't expect 10/10 from every client here, but I do feel 8/10 impacts the JSS negatively, let me know if that's not correct?

Also, at this stage, I am stuck with a troublesome client and I already don't have a good feeling about it.

I can't use my top rated perk until about 20 days from today, and I haven't had enough completed jobs since I last used it on a bad outcome.

My question is, how badly could a negative contract affect my JSS at this point as compared to a freelancer who is new on the platform and has far lesser completed jobs?
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
707 of 1,055

Faran S wrote
Thanks for the response, I would still love to get educated on how the "12 month, 24 month" window calculations exactly work?

There are 3 calculation windows.

The 6 month one includes every outcome that ended during the last 6 months.

The 12 month one includes every outcome that ended during the last 12 months, including the ones from the 6 month window.

The 24 month one includes every outcome that ended during the last 24 months, including the ones from the 6 month and 12 month windows.

The JSS can change slightly when outcomes fall out of a calculation window. For example, if your 6 month calculation is the best and a poor outcome falls out of it (is now closed longer than 6 months), then the JSS goes up.

If great outcomes fall out of the window and are not replaced, then whatever poor outcome(s) there is or are weigh more heavily and the JSS can go down.

Faran S wrote:
I can't use my top rated perk until about 20 days from today, and I haven't had enough completed jobs since I last used it on a bad outcome.

You'll be fine. The JSS will not be recalculated for 12 days. If you lose your top rated status because of it, you have 14 days to use your perk. That's 26 days, So that takes you beyond the 20 days. You just need to make sure you get the number of contracts right.

That said, if you need to use your perk that often, then you need to revisit your approach. How you choose and vet clients, how you manage contracts and so on.

Faran S wrote:
My question is, how badly could a negative contract affect my JSS at this point as compared to a freelancer who is new on the platform and has far lesser completed jobs?

That depends on the size of the contract and on how many contracts there are in your calculation window, 

soban_sharif
Subhan S Member Since: Jul 29, 2020
708 of 1,055

Hi!
I have completed 5 job. Where i recieved 5star review on 4 jobs and 4.80star on my 5th job. But still my job success rate is 76%? Even though the job where i got the 4.80star review was like 80$ worth and other jobs were higher paid. According to upwork high paid jobs affect more on jss isn't it?

romanovproduce
Petr R Member Since: Mar 28, 2018
709 of 1,055

Hello,

I have question about JSS. Does open contracts, which has no job record, affect JSS?

Some clients are collecting material for long time to start work, some clients are ordering something once a month.

sajeeth35
Sajeeth M Member Since: Dec 5, 2020
710 of 1,055

Hi kudos, I hope you all doing well!

-On Feb 6, i got my first JSS score of 85%, not sure how it was calculated. But at that time, I have all 5-star ratings. 

- After that got negative comments from a couple of clients. My JSS score got reduced to 77%. 

- After that, I have submitted almost 30 proposals—no response from any client. Kindly let me know how to overcome this. 

- I have read all the community comments and tried all the  Possible ways, but there is no Positive reply. 

-Kindly suggest and guide me to overcome this situation.

-Kindly let me know how to get more clients. Please check my profile and let me know your feedback.

Regards,

M.Sajeeth

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS