Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why was my jss so low?

soban_sharif
Subhan S Member Since: Jul 29, 2020
701 of 919

Hi!
I have completed 5 job. Where i recieved 5star review on 4 jobs and 4.80star on my 5th job. But still my job success rate is 76%? Even though the job where i got the 4.80star review was like 80$ worth and other jobs were higher paid. According to upwork high paid jobs affect more on jss isn't it?

romanovproduce
Petr R Member Since: Mar 28, 2018
702 of 919

Hello,

I have question about JSS. Does open contracts, which has no job record, affect JSS?

Some clients are collecting material for long time to start work, some clients are ordering something once a month.

sajeeth35
Sajeeth M Member Since: Dec 5, 2020
703 of 919

Hi kudos, I hope you all doing well!

-On Feb 6, i got my first JSS score of 85%, not sure how it was calculated. But at that time, I have all 5-star ratings. 

- After that got negative comments from a couple of clients. My JSS score got reduced to 77%. 

- After that, I have submitted almost 30 proposals—no response from any client. Kindly let me know how to overcome this. 

- I have read all the community comments and tried all the  Possible ways, but there is no Positive reply. 

-Kindly suggest and guide me to overcome this situation.

-Kindly let me know how to get more clients. Please check my profile and let me know your feedback.

Regards,

M.Sajeeth

ceefaeca
Ace Contributor
Aru B Member Since: Sep 19, 2020
704 of 919

When I am reading this question, it reminds me of my situation 2 months ago. I was extremely exhausted to see that I have all the positive public feedbacks but my JSS went low to 76%. 

I researched a lot and found nothing except one thing: make a great submission and try to solve all the issues your clients are facing in that project or they may face in near future. There is no harm in communicating with them to explain everything, to be honest.

My score last week was 94%, got one negative contract which I refunded fully though, and it came down to 89%. It doesn't bother me much, because I grew from 76% to 94% in just 2 months, by doing nothing special. I was just doing what I was always doing, just started spending some time looking for whether the client has any issue or face any problem in understanding my work?

There is absolutely no rocket science in how well you can satisfy the clients, the only thing one can do is address their queries well and don't feel troubled in giving them some time to explain stuff (well my job is a bit different so I don't know if it is specific to me). 

Again, one cannot do much apart from trying to make the client's experience good. That is a pretty reasonable thing to do, no? Someone hires a freelancer to do a specific job, which either they don't have time to do or they themselves couldn't. It becomes necessary that freelancers deliver good work, only then a client can feel satisfied and have a nice opinion to share about a freelancer. 

dulith_k
Dulith K Member Since: Mar 13, 2021
705 of 919

I had a 100%    jss   but now     it's   75%.      Last    week I gave a customer a full refund for a half hour payment    but she gave me a bad private feedback. Is that the reason why my jss is declining?, this is the only poor feedback I got.

Wouldn't    it be unfair for my jss to drop because of such poor private feedback even though I was refunded the payment back. Do I have a solution for this?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
706 of 919

Dulith K wrote:

I had a 100%    jss   but now     it's   75%.      Last    week I gave a customer a full refund for a half hour payment    but she gave me a bad private feedback. Is that the reason why my jss is declining?,

That, and the client who said that even though you tried, your work didn't meet their expectations.

Dulith K wrote:

Wouldn't    it be unfair for my jss to drop because of such poor private feedback even though I was refunded the payment back.

Why would it be unfair?

Dulith K wrote:

Do I have a solution for this?

All you can do it making sure future contracts go well.

dulith_k
707 of 919

Ok thanks, I'll try to complete future jobs as well

ceefaeca
Ace Contributor
Aru B Member Since: Sep 19, 2020
708 of 919

To be honest, no one can tell you why your JSS is low. Contracts with larger amounts weigh more in JSS calculations though. If that contract you are suspicious of the client giving you negative feedback, was a relatively bigger project for you so far, then JSS drop will be more (assuming the client actually gave negative feedback).

Refunds won't help you in removing the effect of private feedback. 

dulith_k
709 of 919

Hi Aru,

Thanks for replying. But this is just a $3.5 contract, But my jss dropped in 25%

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
710 of 919

Dulith K wrote:

Thanks for replying. But this is just a $3.5 contract, But my jss dropped in 25%

It wasn't just that contract. It was that one, and the one with the client who stated that your work wasn't up to scratch.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS