761 of 1,621
Sir, but i am pretty sure that the clients wont have given negative private
feedbacks. Because they were very much satisfied with my works.. All of the
works i have done was of 5-30 dollar small works. I started a contract for
a 388dollar work on April 11.It was a monthly payment contract. So the
works were shared directly into google drive folder. Because of that, the
upwork chatbox of that client was being inactive as i will get the payment
only by May 11.will that be the reason for the low job success score? If i
make that client's upwork chat active, will my score get into 90+?
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
762 of 1,621

Akshay S wrote:
Because of that, the upwork chatbox of that client was being inactive as i will get the payment only by May 11.will that be the reason for the low job success score? 

No. That can't possibly have anything whatsoever to do with it.

Akshay S wrote:
 If i make that client's upwork chat active, will my score get into 90+?

It has nothing to do with your JSS. Whether chat is active or not has no effect.

You had poor private feedback from at least one, more likely more than one client.

akshayshan
Akshay S Member Since: Dec 17, 2018
763 of 1,621

Thanks for the reply ma'am. But i am very confused about that. Because, as i am a fresher in Upwork, I thought of doing atleast some works in the starting stage for a very low rate. And i did my best to complete those jobs in the best possible way. From their response and public reviews also, they all were very satisfied with my work too. Actually this is a struggling time for the freelancer's perspective no? When we do works for very low rate and we give our maximum into it, after that eventhough client gave a good public review, why should they even give a negative private feedback and ruin the freelancer's JSS and therefore their chance for getting new jobs? With all due respect, will upwork be able to give a solution to this problem?

akshayshan
Akshay S Member Since: Dec 17, 2018
764 of 1,621

Sir, But i am pretty sure that all the 6 clients of mine wont have given a negative private feedback. Because they were very much satisfied with my work for the rate they have offered me. Just to have a stable working profile in Upwork, I did a lot of work for very small rates like $5 and all. then why would they even give a negative private feedback. all of my clients were giving 5 star public reviews and they were complimenting a lot in the reviews. I am feeling very confused. I did 6 jobs which were only having a pay between 5-30 Dollars. I started a contract for a job of 388 Dollars on April 11. It was a monthly paid contract. After accepting the contract, all of the files were shared directly through Google Drive, so the upwork chatbox of that client was inactive from April 11, as the payment will only be released by May11. Is that causing the decrease in my Job success score? If i make the Upwork chat of that client active, will my JSS be having a rise? Please Help

dalia_i
Dalia A Member Since: Jan 17, 2021
765 of 1,621
My score dropped from 100 to 76 without getting Abad review
dalia_i
766 of 1,621

Please, my Upwork job score suddenly dropped from 100 to 76 % I do not why?? 

df602768
Community Leader
Konstantinos A Member Since: Jan 10, 2021
767 of 1,621

Hi Dalia,

I'm so sorry this happened to you. 

There's that 3.35 feedback that caused your JSS to drop. The client most definitely rated you terribly in the private feedback.

Clients are asked to leave private feedback to freelancers.

They are asked something like: would you recommend this freelancer? And then, they can leave private written feedback that is shared only with Upwork.

Since you're not Top Rated, you cannot use your perk and remove the negative feedback.

But if you dropped to 76%, it will take a while to reach 90%+.

Also, congratulations on being a Ph.D. candidate. That's amazing to be honest.

dalia_i
768 of 1,621
But, my score appear 100 at my statu and 76 in my profile. And more one feedback drop the percentage like that??
df602768
Community Leader
Konstantinos A Member Since: Jan 10, 2021
769 of 1,621

I agree that it sounds crazy.

But theoretically, it could happen.

Private feedback carries tremendous value in comparison to public feedback. So it may cause damage.

dalia_i
770 of 1,621
My score appear 100 in my status and 76 in my profile
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS