cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My JSS goes down even i have not delivered any order. Why?

rebecca1305
Bia T Member Since: May 22, 2021
1061 of 1,499

What can I do to rectify this? Should I ask my current employers to close the contract and leave feedback? Does a contract worth $2000 hold more value than let's say private feedback on a $75 contract? 

Also, could you tell me which was the first one? I get how my score went from 94 to 89 because of the contract that ended on the 13th, but I'm trying to understand what went wrong before that because honestly all of my clients were happy with the work. I just want to make sure this isn't a mistake. 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1062 of 1,499

Bia T wrote:

Also, could you tell me which was the first one? I get how my score went from 94 to 89 because of the contract that ended on the 13th, but I'm trying to understand what went wrong before that because honestly all of my clients were happy with the work.

Well, one clearly wasn't. Take a look at the contracts that closed during the 2 weeks prior to your JSS dropping for the first time. One of them wasn't thrilled. My guess would be the one that closed on the 6th with 5 stars and no commentary. But that is purely a guess.

Bia T wrote:

What can I do to rectify this? Should I ask my current employers to close the contract and leave feedback? Does a contract worth $2000 hold more value than let's say private feedback on a $75 contract? . 

That would help and yes, a contract that is worth $2000 counts more than one that is worth $75, so getting that client to close the contract and to hire you again on a new one would probably get you to or above 90% which is the most important part. 

nendigitalmkt
Nazmul H Member Since: Jun 6, 2021
1063 of 1,499

Hello, can you one let me konw about profile "Job Success". It was 100% ( number of job 18 and hours 16) But  suddenly I see it is 86%. I do not have any bad records or unsuccessful work. I sent email to the help 2 days ago. i did not get any repaly yet. Can any one tell me way this happened?

a_lipsey
Community Guru
Amanda L Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
1064 of 1,499

Nazmul H wrote:

Hello, can you one let me konw about profile "Job Success". It was 100% ( number of job 18 and hours 16) But  suddenly I see it is 86%. I do not have any bad records or unsuccessful work. I sent email to the help 2 days ago. i did not get any repaly yet. Can any one tell me way this happened?

Hi Nazmul, you had 4 jobs close during the last update period (the last update was this past Sunday). When clients leave feedback they leave public feedback (the stars) and private feedback (a question: would you hire/recommend this freelancer again on the scale of 1 to 10). The private feedback is what contributes to JSS. Unfortunately, many clients leave 5 stars publicly but in private feedback leave less than stellar feedback. Your score dropped most likely because one or more of those four project received poor private feedback. 

f4913929
Anirudh S Member Since: Aug 20, 2020
1065 of 1,499

Can a client avoid public feedback, but give ratings in private?

chakrabortyprac
Ace Contributor
Prachy C Member Since: Sep 3, 2020
1066 of 1,499
Hey people,

hope you are doing well. So I had a JSS of 96% for the last 2 weeks. Tonight, it has become 91%.

In the last 2 weeks, one of my projects got paused, because of her financial issue.

My last ended contract was on 1 July, After that, one of the clients from my running projects has given great feedback. Because I had requested her to give feedback on July 16. I am still working on her project.

I am also applying for jobs if I notice any good fit.

BUT, I don't know what's going on!! How's this possible to lose 5% of JSS just because of one paused project! Besides, I had also won 2 jobs this week!

The way it decreases does not increase in the same way !!!!!!!!

HELP ME IF YOU KNOW THE SOLUTION!

This is really frustrating!

thank you.

04b3b57d
Ace Contributor
Ammad K Member Since: Jun 23, 2018
1067 of 1,499

I believe it is possible that it has been 12 months since one of the jobs you completed which was responsible for maintaining your JSS. Jobs completed more than a year ago will no longer have an impact on your JSS. So maybe that's why you're losing 5% of your JSS?

harsh_kukreja
Ace Contributor
Harsh K Member Since: Nov 5, 2017
1068 of 1,499

Why my JSS goes 96 to 92.
I did not deliver any order for 10 days.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1069 of 1,499

Hi Harsh,

Declining an invitation for an interview will not affect your JSS in any way. To learn more about JSS and the factors included in your calculation, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
harsh_kukreja
Ace Contributor
Harsh K Member Since: Nov 5, 2017
1070 of 1,499

Decline an Invite can affect my JSS or Profile in any way?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS