cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Decline an Invite can affect my JSS or Profile in any way?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1071 of 1,524

Harsh K wrote:

Decline an Invite can affect my JSS or Profile in any way?

No.

Your JSS went down because of the poor private feedback on the contract that closed during between the last two JSS updates. (between the 11th and 25th of July).

harsh_kukreja
Ace Contributor
Harsh K Member Since: Nov 5, 2017
1072 of 1,524
Thank you petra, i need to know why i don't have rising talent badge yet. Is that replaced with JSS.

I read somewhere i need ti be rising talent for 13 weeks to become top-rated.
petra_r
Community Guru
1073 of 1,524

Harsh K wrote:
i need to know why i don't have rising talent badge yet. Is that replaced with JSS.

You can't have a rising talent badge because you already have a JSS. You can't have both.

Harsh K wrote:
I read somewhere i need ti be rising talent for 13 weeks to become top-rated.

No, you need to have 13 out of 16 eligible weeks. Eligible weeks are weeks when you are either Rising Talent **or** have a JSS of 90% or over. You can see how many eligible weeks you have on your My Stats page. There are other requirements for top rated status, such as a minimum of $1000 over the last 12 months, no recent account holds and a profile that is 100% complete.

I'm not sure if you'll stay above the 90% after your recent outcomes when the JSS is recalculated on Sunday afternoon UTC though.

enes721
Enes H Member Since: Jul 29, 2021
1074 of 1,524

Hello everyone,

my JSS score dropped from 100 to 93 for no reason.
All jobs on the profile were completed with 5 stars and positive feedback. Why is this happening, and can it be recovered? Who to talk to?

Thank you.

30c89044
Hakan A Member Since: Jul 18, 2021
1075 of 1,524

Hello everyone. I hope everybody is doing ok and making good money. So my question is:

My JSS was 96% last week. But this week it has dropped to 92% which does not make any sense because I have not taken any new jobs since I have been working on the same project for more than a month that is still in progress. What might be the reason my JSS went down, I am very close to be top rated. Please let me know.

Thanks 

Best Regards.

Hakan A.

moonraker
Community Guru
Jamie F Member Since: Mar 7, 2010
1076 of 1,524

A good JSS score probably fell out of your calculation window, bringing the average down. 

fjonck
Johannes V Member Since: Aug 5, 2021
1077 of 1,524

Hello Upwork-Community,

I finished a job for a client but the client stopped responding. So I closed the contract and after I think 14 days, I got the money transfered to my account. But then I noticed that my job success score got reduced from 100% to 91% and also the client answered me that he was on a trip and wanted to give me feedback. I enabled the client to enter feedback but he wasn't able to. I hoped that when he gave me feedback, my job success score would rise up to 100% again. This issue is a real pity. Can someone please help how to get my success score back to 100%? 

Thanks a lot and greetings 

Johannes Smiley Happy

petra_r
Community Guru
1078 of 1,524

Johannes V wrote:

I finished a job for a client but the client stopped responding. So I closed the contract and after I think 14 days, I got the money transfered to my account. But then I noticed that my job success score got reduced from 100% to 91%

Let's just clarify: That is the contract that closed back in June, right? That can't have affected your JSS at all because contracts that close without feedback have absolutely no effect on the JSS at all. 

So it must have been another contract. Anything else, such as a cancelled contract or one that ended with nothing paid?

Are you absolutely sure your JSS wasn't 91% before that contract closed?

Johannes V wrote:

I hoped that when he gave me feedback, my job success score would rise up to 100% again.

It wouldn't have, because that contract didn't decrease your JSS.

Johannes V wrote:

Can someone please help how to get my success score back to 100%? 

If you add some great outcomes, it can go back to 100% when the contract that caused it to drop has dropped out of your 6 month calculation window.

That said, 91% is a good JSS, and some good outcomes will increase your JSS quickly because you only have so few completed contracts.

2a05aa63
Community Guru
Viacheslav K Member Since: Sep 9, 2015
1079 of 1,524

Petra R wrote:

It's surely not that contract. It was closed and the client never left a feedback after the 14 days. He asks if he client will (but isn't able to) add a good review if it will be good for this JSS.

I'm not sure about the rules here. A client of mine reached out to the support and asked to let him leave a review when he missed his chance and they did. He could even add a private score.

petra_r
Community Guru
1080 of 1,524

Viacheslav K wrote:

It's surely not that contract. It was closed and the client never left a feedback after the 14 days. He asks if he client will (but isn't able to) add a good review if it will be good for this JSS.

The client won't be able to leave feedback. He also assumed that the client NOT leaving feedback dropped his JSS, which it did not.

He already enabled the client to leave feedback and the client didn't. That ability ends after 14 days. That whole situation played out a couple of months ago.

In this case no feedback was left. Public or private, Contracts with no feedback do not affect the JSS for better or for worse.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS