🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Reason for JSS decrease
Page options
Amanuel T Community Member

Reason for JSS decrease

My JSS was 90% last week and in that week I've got 5 star review from my client and the JSS drops to 84% which is weird. Could you tell me what is going on my JSS calculation?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Amanuel,

Your Job Success Score can change for a number of reasons, even without recent activity. Your best JSS score will be displayed based on the rolling windows when it is calculated. Sometimes, new contracts are added that impact your JSS. Other times, old activity is aged out.

For example, a contract will no longer count in your six-month JSS window once it is six months and one day old.

Your JSS can change because:

• You’ve received poor public or private feedback from one or more clients
  • You’ve received very positive public or private feedback from one or more clients
  • A higher-value job is added to your JSS and it outweighs lower-value jobs
  • Past jobs are no longer considered because they fall outside the time frame

Update: This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

500 REPLIES 500
Mary Margaret G Community Member

Hello Usama,

I hope this brief explanation helps you:

!. The JSS takes into account factors such as client feedback.

2. Earnings history (when was your last project?)

3, If you completed the job on time of the deadline | earlier?

4. The length of time the freelancer has been on Upwork. November 2022.

5. The JSS score is calculated on a scale of 0 to 100 and is updated every two weeks.

6. A high Job Success Score indicates that the freelancer has achieved consistently positive results and is likely to deliver quality work to clients.

7. JSS score is important to both freelancers and clients as it serves as a useful tool in evaluating the proficiency and reliability of service providers on Upwork.

With all this said and if that still doesn't help you: Contact**Edited for community guidelines**

I hope somewhere in this note will be a ray of hope and direction for you. Have a good one.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members