Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reason for JSS decrease

zohaibsultan007
Ace Contributor
Zohaib S Member Since: Apr 28, 2020
1 of 708

Good day!

I started to work on May 2020 and I got a success rate of 86% and now its 78% on 25 Oct-2020.

I don't understand & know the reason why my JSS rate decreasing. I am active in applying for a jobs. Last two weeks I am applying in many projects and no work i got. I waste my many connects.I actively using this website.

The issue is that maxium Upwork inform or tell us about the reason for JSS rate decreasing

Anyone can tell us how we will know the reason for JSS rate decreasing.

Can someone help me, and explain why this happens? I am really stressing about it. 

Thanks

richardrader
Community Leader
Richard R Member Since: Jun 22, 2018
2 of 708

Hey Zohaib, generally speaking JSS goes down when a client gives you poor private feedback. Note that clients can give you great public feedback, but still provide poor private feedback.

If you go to Find Work -> My Stats you can see how many clients would reccomend you which is what the private feedback is based on.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 708

Richard R wrote:

If you go to Find Work -> My Stats you can see how many clients would reccomend you

No, he won't. He hasn't had enough completed jobs yet. He had two negative or not entirely positive outcomes, the first dropped him to 86% - the second to under 80% - the contract with the poor feedback is one of them.

zohaibsultan007
Ace Contributor
Zohaib S Member Since: Apr 28, 2020
4 of 708

Thanks for answering my questions. Its helps me a lot.

My last question is how we will find in a written form on website about our JSS rate decreasing. 

petra_r
Community Guru
BEST ANSWER
5 of 708

Zohaib S wrote:

My last question is how we will find in a written form on website about our JSS rate decreasing. 

Here

View solution in original post

d277beaa
Muhammad A Member Since: Mar 2, 2021
6 of 708

Hi Petra, as mentioned my clients recommendation is also 100%, so why after recent job completion my JSS went down to 92 from 100.Also, this was relatively very small project , and I also received a decent public feedback.

Thanks.

petra_r
Community Guru
7 of 708

Muhammad A wrote:

my clients recommendation is also 100%, so why after recent job completion my JSS went down to 92 from 100.Also, this was relatively very small project , and I also received a decent public feedback.

Because the "Clients who recommend you" metric is only updated after every several contracts. The client clearly wasn't fully thrilled with the work, they even hinted at your lack of experience in the written feedback and deducted stars for skills and quality.

You only had 6 completed contracts, so every one has a big impact.

d277beaa
8 of 708

Isn't it depends on the amount of contract the ratio of its

effect, so 130 dollars out of 2k+, and it has such huge impact.

petra_r
Community Guru
9 of 708

Muhammad A wrote:

Isn't it depends on the amount of contract the ratio of its

effect, so 130 dollars out of 2k+, and it has such huge impact.

It would have had a much bigger impact had it been a larger contract. With only 6 completed contracts, each has a potential average impact of just under 17%

d277beaa
10 of 708

Thanks, alot.

And do the JSS is affected totally by Private-Feedback, as it seems in this case.
As my public feedback is 4.6 ?

Sorry to disturb you again, but I want to have clear understanding of the process?

Thanks..

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS