Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reason for JSS decrease

Highlighted
Zohaib S Member Since: Apr 28, 2020
1 of 91

Good day!

I started to work on May 2020 and I got a success rate of 86% and now its 78% on 25 Oct-2020.

I don't understand & know the reason why my JSS rate decreasing. I am active in applying for a jobs. Last two weeks I am applying in many projects and no work i got. I waste my many connects.I actively using this website.

The issue is that maxium Upwork inform or tell us about the reason for JSS rate decreasing

Anyone can tell us how we will know the reason for JSS rate decreasing.

Can someone help me, and explain why this happens? I am really stressing about it. 

Thanks

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Richard R Member Since: Jun 22, 2018
2 of 91

Hey Zohaib, generally speaking JSS goes down when a client gives you poor private feedback. Note that clients can give you great public feedback, but still provide poor private feedback.

If you go to Find Work -> My Stats you can see how many clients would reccomend you which is what the private feedback is based on.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 91

Richard R wrote:

If you go to Find Work -> My Stats you can see how many clients would reccomend you

No, he won't. He hasn't had enough completed jobs yet. He had two negative or not entirely positive outcomes, the first dropped him to 86% - the second to under 80% - the contract with the poor feedback is one of them.

Highlighted
Zohaib S Member Since: Apr 28, 2020
4 of 91

Thanks for answering my questions. Its helps me a lot.

My last question is how we will find in a written form on website about our JSS rate decreasing. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
BEST ANSWER
5 of 91

Zohaib S wrote:

My last question is how we will find in a written form on website about our JSS rate decreasing. 

Here

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Afia G Member Since: Sep 9, 2020
6 of 91
Hi. My JSS has suddenly dropped from 100% to 68% and I it happen because of new JSS policy change by Upwork which doesn't count non-review contracts anymore.
What should I do now?
Highlighted
Community Guru
Amanda L Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
7 of 91

Afia G wrote:
Hi. My JSS has suddenly dropped from 100% to 68% and I it happen because of new JSS policy change by Upwork which doesn't count non-review contracts anymore.
What should I do now?

The JSS change was to stop those contracts from having a negative impact. That is not why your JSS has dropped. Your JSS has dropped because you had a contract close on 11/5 with poor outcomes and a one a couple weeks before that also with poor outcomes.  If they left less than 5 star feedback publicly then it is likely the left poor private feedback. What is your "Clients who would recommend you"  percentage on your My Stats page? 

Highlighted
Afia G Member Since: Sep 9, 2020
8 of 91

Hi. Thank you for your reply. On 11/5, the client ended the contract due to some misunderstanding. I had already completed 100% work when the client ended the contract and requested a refund. But later, when I talked with him and clear the things up, he agreed to withdraw the dispute and released the funds in escrow. He also left a 5 start public feedback.

I'm not sure why this would affect my JSS

Highlighted
Community Guru
9 of 91

Afia G wrote:

Hi. Thank you for your reply. On 11/5, the client ended the contract due to some misunderstanding. I had already completed 100% work when the client ended the contract and requested a refund.

The client ended the contract, requested a refund and left (private) feedback. Clearly, at that point, the client wasn't very happy. 

As your JSS is mostly driven by private feedback, that is almost certainly why your JSS dropped.

Afia G wrote:

I'm not sure why this would affect my JSS

Because when closing the contract and leaving private feedback, the client wasn't exactly thrilled.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Shahid H Member Since: Oct 31, 2019
10 of 91

I faced the same issue when one of my clients had a misunderstanding and gave poor private and public feedback, we had a dispute also, but after having a conversation, things were sorted out, he released the payments, the contract was started again BUT he was not able to change the private feedback, even he wanted to but he could not. I would Request UPWORK that sometimes things like this happen and UPWORK should create a room of clearing out misunderstandings and enable the client to change their private feedback as well at least once, just to avoid problems for freelancers. I was top-rated and the event I described affected my rating so I had to use the feedback removal perk despite the fact that the client was ready to change the private feedback!.

Kindly Consider this!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS