Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reason for JSS decrease

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1521 of 1,652

Ioannis T wrote:

There is a SS attached to you to check that how it looks The JSS score percents and earnings.

I hope it will help you to find a clear answer.

Thanks

Interesting. Where is this setting found? (that allows you to see earnings and jss with precision? 

It's not a setting. It's either a bug or a test.

baigdesigns
Waqas Mehmood B Member Since: Oct 19, 2021
1522 of 1,652

I had a JSS of 100. I have no negative feedback and I have completed more than five jobs in the last week. I was up for the top rated badge and this was my last week and suddenly my JSS dropped. I do not know why. Can anyone explain it please.

Thanks.

2a05aa63
Community Guru
Viacheslav K Member Since: Sep 9, 2015
1523 of 1,652

You most likely got bad private feedback of few of the contracts. 

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
1524 of 1,652

Hi Waqas, 

Please know that your Job Success Score (JSS) is calculated on 6-, 12-, and 24 months windows, and it is updated every second week on Sunday. Many factors go into your JSS calculation, including public and private feedback given when the contract is closed, the weight of the contract, etc. To learn more about the Job Success Score, please check out this article.

There was also an update on the JSS metrics to reflect the job value in the calculation. You can check out this Community thread for the official announcement.

~ Avery
Upwork
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1525 of 1,652

Waqas Mehmood B wrote:

I had a JSS of 100. I have no negative feedback and I have completed more than five jobs in the last week. I was up for the top rated badge and this was my last week and suddenly my JSS dropped.

You had poor private feedback on one or more contract(s) between the 3rd of October and last Sunday (17th of October)

f63be0ce
Saad R Member Since: Aug 29, 2020
1526 of 1,652
Hello Upwork Experts,
I need to know that why my JSS got reduced from 79% to 75% on Oct 17 update mentioning that no contract was ended in this period. All active projects are retained and successfully going on. I have 80% client recommendations as well. Thanks in Advance. 
aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
1527 of 1,652

Hi Saad, 

Please know that your Job Success Score is calculated on rolling windows, and the highest score in this rolling window is your Job Success Score. Many factors go into your JSS calculation, including public and private feedback given when the contract is closed, the weight of the contract, etc. We won't be able to share information on any specific feedback, but you can check the explanation of how JSS is calculated here.

~ Avery
Upwork
ce48a24f
Satwik S Member Since: Oct 21, 2021
1528 of 1,652

Hi, 

I would love if someone could clarify a situation that I am facing. So my JSS score has recently dropped to 94% from the 100 % that I had, despite the very positive public reviews that I have. After going through several threads I understand that private feedback of clients differ from the public feedback however even my "Clients who would recommend you" under "My Stats" is at 100% , how is this dichotomy existing. Can someone review my profile and provide some insight?

martina_plaschka
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
1529 of 1,652

Satwik S wrote:

Hi, 

I would love if someone could clarify a situation that I am facing. So my JSS score has recently dropped to 94% from the 100 % that I had, despite the very positive public reviews that I have. After going through several threads I understand that private feedback of clients differ from the public feedback however even my "Clients who would recommend you" under "My Stats" is at 100% , how is this dichotomy existing. Can someone review my profile and provide some insight?

No need to review your profile. The calculation is completely automatic and the same for everyone. Clients that would recommend you % doesn't update simultaneously with JSS. 

ce48a24f
Satwik S Member Since: Oct 21, 2021
1530 of 1,652

What can be the other reason that led to this decrease? Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS