Did you mean: 

Reason for JSS decrease

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
21 of 521

Ibrahim A wrote:

New JS score Algorithm negatively affected my score

That can't have anything to do with the new algorithm. "No feedback" contracts never affected your JSS in the first place, they only affected the JSS if there were a lot of them, whcih you don't have.

Ibrahim A wrote:

I was at 86% before, with two contracts of no feedback but with the new algorithm which I expect to significantly boost my score

Why?

Ibrahim A wrote:

I got reduced to 78%. I'd like to know why.

Poor private feedback.

aderinto_ibrahim
Ibrahim A Member Since: Nov 14, 2020
22 of 521

You mean there's a feedback given to upwork outside my knowledge that can be good or bad?

So what if the feedback I can see is good + five star rating? Aside from the no feedback contracts, I only have one 4 star rating. All the rest are 5 stars so I don't understand why my score can be that low.

petra_r
Community Guru
23 of 521

Ibrahim A wrote:

You mean there's a feedback given to upwork outside my knowledge that can be good or bad?

Yes. Private feedback is what drives the JSS first and foremost.

Ibrahim A wrote:

So what if the feedback I can see is good + five star rating?

Public feedback is more or less just eye-candy.

The 3.3 contract almost certainly came with poor private feedback and was your biggest contract so far (the JSS is Dollar weighed) - I also suspect a recent one to have come with poor private feedback, as it went down again recently as you said.

The "No feedback" contracts had nothing to do with it.

alaamahmoud91
Alaa M Member Since: Sep 4, 2020
24 of 521

I did 4 jops all with 5 stars , Why my jop success score is 81?

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
25 of 521

HI Alaa,

Your Job Success Score is calculated on 6-, 12-, and 24 months windows and it is updated every second week on Sunday. There are many factors that go into your JSS calculation including public and private feedback given when the contract is closed, a pattern of contracts without feedback, etc.

To learn more about JSS, please check out this help article.

There was also an update on the JSS metrics to reflect the job value in the calculation. You can check out this Community thread for the official announcement.

You can find more information about the most recent update for JSS regarding no feedback contract on this tread.

~ Nikola

Untitled
ridhika-shrivast
Ridhika S Member Since: Feb 20, 2019
26 of 521

if i will accept the offer and log time after 3 weeks, will it effect my JSS, plz reply team

petra_r
Community Guru
27 of 521

Ridhika S wrote:

if i will accept the offer and log time after 3 weeks, will it effect my JSS, 

No

feed_my_eyes
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
28 of 521

Can you please explain more? Is this an hourly project, and the client has told you that they won't have any work for you for another three weeks, or that they don't want you to log any time until three weeks from now?

ridhika-shrivast
Ridhika S Member Since: Feb 20, 2019
29 of 521

it is hourly project and they dont want me to log in for 3 weeks will it effect my jss, so far i have not loggedin any hours for that project

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
30 of 521

Ridhika S wrote:

it is hourly project and they dont want me to log in for 3 weeks will it effect my jss, so far i have not loggedin any hours for that project

If you have already accepted the contract, then it is too late to ask the question. Once you have a contract, that contract impacts your JSS. If you have not accepted the contract yet, then you can suggest that they send you an offer closer to the start date. 
There's nothing wrong with agreeing to the contract now and not starting work until 3 weeks from now--that alone won't hurt your JSS. But, there is the risk that they will change their minds and not send the work. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS