Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reason for JSS decrease

luiggi_rosado
Luiggi R Moderator Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
701 of 1,650

Hi Saad, 

The impact that a contract can have on your JSS, will depend on the feedback the client provides. Factors such as private and public feedback, the dollar weight of the projects you've completed, and the long-term relationships with your clients can have an impact on your overall score. You may want to check this help article to learn more. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ae3e93f5
Ayesha Bint E S Member Since: Apr 11, 2021
702 of 1,650

My job success score is 68% But only 1 of my job had negative reviews while one had no reviews out of 11 jobs.
Kindly check

luiggi_rosado
Luiggi R Moderator Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
703 of 1,650

Hi Ayesha, 

I'm sorry to hear about your current score but I'm afraid that we won't be able to comment on an individual score or how specific contracts affect it. Please know that your JSS can change because:

- You receive poor public or private feedback from one or more clients.

- You receive very positive public or private feedback from one or more clients.

- A higher-value job is added to your score and outweighs lower-value jobs.

- Jobs you completed in the past are no longer considered because they are outside the score's time frame.

You may want to check this help article to learn more.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
daradedesignus
Dallas D Member Since: Apr 13, 2021
704 of 1,650

I worked for a client over a 6 week period. Everything went well as far as I was made aware. I believe I was fair with them and they were fair with me.

I think they took the rating too seriously and gave me a couple 4s rather than all 5s. Now, rather than a 100% client rating, I have a 64% success rate which makes me look like a bad freelancer, even though a 4.7 is nearly perfect and I did get 5s on the rest.

Do I have any options? Am I missing something here? 

Thanks!

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
705 of 1,650

Hi Dallas,

Job Success Scores reflect a wide range of factors such as public and private feedback, long-term contracts, and repeat ones. The system takes snapshots of your six-, 12- and 24-month history in the marketplace and calculates a score for each. The best score out of these moving time windows is displayed on your profile. Sometimes, new contracts are added. Other times, old activity is aged out. 

Also, please keep in mind, jobs with higher earnings weigh more and will have a bigger impact on your score. You can monitor your Job Success Score on your My Stats page. Please see this help article for more info about what affects your score.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
96bc9105
Sudip K Member Since: Feb 24, 2021
706 of 1,650

Hello everyone,

It's been over a month since I joined Upwork and I have enjoyed working on this platform.  I have worked on more than 10 contracts and the clients who have left feedback on my profile have been very appreciative of my work. I have faced three clients who had just started working and were just unwilling to pay and ended our contract without saying anything or pointing small mistakes that could be solved.  I refunded all of them too.  There is no bad public feedback on my profile but  I got my first JSS score today and it shows a 70% score. I am really surprised by this result. I didn't think my JSS would be this bad.   When I check the My Stats tab, I see 100% of clients recommending me.  So why is my first JSS this bad? I am new to the platform. Can anyone clear things out for me?

Thanks,

Sudip.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
707 of 1,650

Sudip K wrote:

I have faced three clients who had just started working and were just unwilling to pay and ended our contract without saying anything or pointing small mistakes that could be solved.

So you had (at least) 3 unhappy clients and you're surprised? Then there was the client who gave you 3 stars for skills and quality. That probably went with less than enthusistic private feedback as well.

Sudip K wrote:

When I check the My Stats tab, I see 100% of clients recommending me.

That is meaningless until you have way more completed contracts with feedback, as it only updates every 5 or so contracts.

96bc9105
Sudip K Member Since: Feb 24, 2021
708 of 1,650

about the 3 clients: I had to work with clients with no prior experience in the beginning since the established clients don't give work to newcomers. They ended the contract after I submitted the work and even asked for a refund (which I gave them as I couldn't afford bad feedback on my profile). From the way you are explaining to me, I find this as a lose-lose situation. This only increases people creating new client accounts and basically exploiting new freelancers.

tanjiracca
Tanzir U Member Since: Aug 28, 2017
709 of 1,650

Hi My JSS is 72, 71, and 72 now for the last 45 days. I have long-term work. Most of my buyer gives me good hidden feedback. As they are happy with my work. But I think one customer give me Intentionally very bad review. Now I am very frustrated. It's very challenging to get good and high price work with this JSS. If Upwork wants Upwork can check all my tasks. I try to make the buyer satisfy. Please anyone help me. My JSS is not Improving. Thank you.

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
710 of 1,650

If you continue to do good work and the low score is based solely on a single review, that review will cease to have an impact once it falls out of your calculation window. You should be aware though, that "trying" to satisfy all of your clients is not enough to earn positive feedback. Your work must be truly satisfactory to the client as they are free to express their personal opinion in their feedback. All feedback is intentional. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS