cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reason for JSS decrease

Deana R Member Since: Jul 3, 2017
91 of 322
Hello. I am long term Upwork member and I noticed today that my jss fell to 97 %. I have 2 open jobs, and one (fixed price contract) ended recently , with 5 stars.

How this could be?
Is it possible that clients rate our work while we still work on projects or is it some kind of private feedback? I noticed that JSS fell down after recent fixed price contract. How can I check this?

Ps. I also have one open job ended in July. Client is unresponssive about ending the contract.
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
92 of 322

Hi Deana,

There are many factors that go into your JSS calculation including public and private feedback given when the contract is closed, contracts falling off the calculation window, etc. To learn more details about your JSS and why it has changed check out this help article.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
Ifrah R Member Since: Jun 7, 2020
93 of 322
Hi, I have been using Upwork from 8 months and I landed my first job after six months. Since then, I am working hard to ensure the quality that my client needs and I have completed every job except one in which my client changed his mind after ordering and said he could this work by himself so I provided him refund. Recently, "Job success rate" is established on my profile which is 69% even though I have completed all my work. Please correct my rating to atleast 90% otherwise no client will hire me. Please help me being a member of your noble platform.
Thank you
Joe E Member Since: Jul 10, 2020
94 of 322

@Ifrah Unrelated but I noticed the Logo graphics you have in your portfolio are not your own work, you should probably remove them.

Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
95 of 322

Ifrah R wrote:
Hi, I have been using Upwork from 8 months and I landed my first job after six months. Since then, I am working hard to ensure the quality that my client needs and I have completed every job except one in which my client changed his mind after ordering and said he could this work by himself so I provided him refund. Recently, "Job success rate" is established on my profile which is 69% even though I have completed all my work. Please correct my rating to atleast 90% otherwise no client will hire me. Please help me being a member of your noble platform.
Thank you

So you designed the logos for the Hard Rock Cafe and Marshall amps? Impressive. It must have been interesting to have worked as a graphic artist back in the 1960s.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
96 of 322

Christine A wrote: So you designed the logos for the Hard Rock Cafe and Marshall amps? Impressive. It must have been interesting to have worked as a graphic artist back in the 1960s.

And still look so YOUNG!!!

Marzouki M Member Since: May 20, 2017
97 of 322

Hello everyone,
  after 7 years of experience in upwork, with good memories and a very good performance, suddenly everything is going backwards...

I will be brief and clear, please tell me know if I was wrong;

The JSS scrore is the best score out of these intervale time 6,12,24 month history.

Do you find it normal that the JSS scrore sudden, drop from 91% to 57% because of bad private feedback from only one client ?!!
knowing that during the last 15 days I only worked only with this client and no other activity apart of him !

I cannot understand, how the JSS scrore which is calculated on an average of 6,12,24 months, is brutally destroyed by a single client!

Weird again, this same client gives me 5 starts in public feedback and at the same time invites me to other projects!!!

it really makes laugh.

The most astonishing in all this, is that I have to show proof !!!

bad private feedback followed by very good public feedback and just after followed by two invitations to two projects, this'is not enough proof !!

Sheraz A Member Since: Jun 25, 2020
98 of 322

Sir, I am Losing my job success score, but I am completing jobs as per the client's requirements with positive feedbacks from clients. Why I am losing My JSS? PLZ Reply ASAP. Sheraz Ahmad. Thanks.

Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
99 of 322

Hi Sheraz,

There are many factors that go into your JSS calculation including public and private feedback given when the contract is closed. To learn more details about your Job Success Score and why it has changed check out this help article.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
Md. Azizul H Member Since: Sep 5, 2018
100 of 322

I have completed more than 50 jobs and I got miximum 5-star rate feedback. Now I see that my job success score is rapidly minimizing, But why? Though 10 Jobs I could not get any feedback yet. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS