cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reason for JSS decrease

90d8e1a1
Obika K Member Since: Dec 19, 2020
991 of 1,340

No, I didn't. All my contracts were closed properly with feedback. I guess the solution would be to chin up and work on improving my JSS. Thank you for your help

menriquez69
Ace Contributor
Mark E Member Since: Feb 3, 2020
992 of 1,340
its very easy, really.

first, the public facing "star" ratings are worthless as far as JSS scores goes...all that matters is what your client tells Upwork in private.  Upwork then "processes" this additional hidden info and arbitrarily assigns a single scalier number between 1 and 100 to the words your client spoke about you.  

Upwork does not provide any info whatsoever about how what is said is transferred into this almost all-important score.  I personally feel its being used as a way to reward contractors with certain characteristics and punish those without, and that it is completely impossible to distill the multi-week or month work efforts and reviews into a single number, and that the JSS is simply a weapon used to get rid of contractors.

good luck getting anymore work with such a low JSS score.
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
993 of 1,340

Mark E wrote:
Upwork then "processes" this additional hidden info and arbitrarily assigns a single scalier number between 1 and 100 to the words your client spoke about you.  

This is not the case. The private feedback is numerical on a scale of 1 to 10.

menriquez69
Ace Contributor
994 of 1,340
>>Mark E wrote:
>>Upwork then "processes" this additional hidden info and arbitrarily assigns a single scalier number 
>>between 1 and 100 to the words your >client spoke about you.  
>This is not the case. The private feedback is numerical on a scale of 1 to 10.
thank you kindly for the correction as I strive to be as accurate as possible with my comments about Upwork and its policies. 
I suppose that, in my defense, its not very hard to convert a 1 to 10 score into a 1 to 100 one but why pick nits?
Smiley Happy 
- mark
tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
995 of 1,340

Mark E wrote:
and that the JSS is simply a weapon used to get rid of contractors.

This sounds deeply paranoid. But, what would be wrong if it were true? Surely it would be in Upwork's best interests to weed out freelancers the clients don't like.

mrtnfelipe
Martin R Member Since: Nov 16, 2019
996 of 1,340
My JSS was 100%. Just this week, it dropped to 89%. I only have one long-term client, thus, there is no reason for it to drop. I think there was a mistake in my JSS calculation. I hope one of the moderators can help. Thanks in advance.
g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
997 of 1,340

Hi Martin,

I checked your account and would like to clarify that everything is working as designed. Please keep in mind that your JSS is calculated on 6-12 and 24 months windows. To learn more about the factors included in your calculation, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
karinskold
Community Guru
Karin S Member Since: Dec 6, 2009
998 of 1,340
I wish Upwork would stop using JSS .
Its a stress. And so many dont even understand how it works. If we can’t see the private feedback we can’t know what went wrong...
Each time JSS change there are new questions here..why.
Could be that client just didnt like you. Or was annoyed for some reason. I have never felt it is a fair way. Sort of writing feedback behind my back.
menriquez69
Ace Contributor
999 of 1,340
the JSS is incredibly unfair, and to make matters worse, its impossible to even audit how it's being generated as all its inputs are black-boxed.

Upwork LOVES the fact that they can basically control what contractors get to work on their platform using this silly one-dimensional value..as if months of hard work doing incredibly complex development and interacting with many different types of professionals can be represented in any fair way with a single number ROFL.

its utterly absurd actually.
pythongame
Khurram S Member Since: Feb 18, 2019
1000 of 1,340

Hi Team,

I just noticed that my job success dropped to 92% all of sudden, can you please help me that why this happened?

I believe it is because recently I accepted a contract from the client and after reviewing his Company/Job policies which he shared with me, I refused to accept the proposal but the project was never started.

Please help me with this.

Regards,

Khurram Shehzad

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS