cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reason for JSS decrease

7a42af8b
Edgar D Member Since: Jun 19, 2020
1371 of 1,524
Thank you for your appreciation Maria, I will try very well to make sure that my clients use just one of my two names, trying that it is only one used for the review. I just try to do my best to be successful on the platform and I try to be as nice as I can.! Your comment is very kind and valuable to me! Thanks again
m_terrazas
Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
1372 of 1,524

Edgar D wrote:
Thank you for your appreciation Maria, I will try very well to make sure that my clients use just one of my two names, trying that it is only one used for the review. I just try to do my best to be successful on the platform and I try to be as nice as I can.! Your comment is very kind and valuable to me! Thanks again

Hey, customers call you whatever they prefer Robot Very Happy
I meant that it is relevant when it suggests that the profile may have something "doubtful".
For the rest it is no more important, unless it can also cause confusion for customers.

7a42af8b
Edgar D Member Since: Jun 19, 2020
1373 of 1,524
Maria, thanks for mentioning it, I could see it as you indicate it, and you are definitely right. I was missing something that could be interpreted as confusing. I take note of everything you tell me, your help is very valuable. Thanks again
atif_muhammad-
Muhammad A Member Since: Jun 23, 2021
1374 of 1,524

Hi there.
I Hope, The one who's Reading this is Having a Great day.

Honestly --- I Don't Know Who is Going to answer this, as I'm Using this feature for the first time but I'm Sure that there will be someone from Upwork Customer Support Team,  who'll respond me on this! 

I'm offering my services on upwork for the last one Year and Intially --- When I was Hungry for Getting More Jobs, So I even worked with the Clients with whom i shouldn't work. That was A Mistake, for sure. In Other words, I have Two Reveiws on my Profile with less than 5 star ratings.

The Clients didn't wrote something that could be considered as Negative reveiw, But They have Given less than 5 stars and they were A Bit Un-satisfied with my Response Rate and My fees/Charges !! You Can Read out those 2 reveiws on my Profile.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Bottom Line :-

At the Beginning of this month , my JSS dropped down to 78% because I Got less than 5 Stars from A Client! Understood, Make Sense!!

But Yesterday on Sunday, It dropped down to 61% without any reason and The Most Important Part is that even in these two weeks, I have completed 4 Projects with 5 Star Reveiws !!!!
I Know, Private Feedback also matters a lot when it comes to JSS. But I'm 100% sure that the Clients who’ve Given 5 Stars Publicly, So They did the same at Private Feedback!! I’m 100000% Sure!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I want to Know :-

1. Why My JSS dropped down to 61% from 78% this week, even that I have completed 4 Short Projects with Great 5 Stars Reveiws -- Public and Private, Both!!

2. How the JSS Score is calculated ?? If I Have Completed 4 projects with Great reveiws in two weeks, Then It Should Increases, rather than Going down to 61% from 78%.

3. Is there is anyway to remove JSS score from my Profile ? If No, Then Why I have seen Freelancers with more then 10K + Earnings and 20+ Projects completed, without JSS score. I Can even send you the link of those Profiles with Huge earnings and a lot of Projects completed --- But Still There is no JSS Score on their Profile
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lastly --- I wanna mention that I Have Struggled a lot on upwork at my First Year (10X More than the average Newbie Freelancer) and Have Send 100s of Proposals and all Being Rejected.

But Now --- After one Year of Blood, sweats and Tears, I finally start improving and my upwork Profile starts Growing and I was about to stable my income ---- that Suddenly, The JSS Score dropped down to 61% THIS WEEK and WITHOUT ANY REASON (as i explained earlier) and Honestly Speaking --- It feels like the Ground Beneath my feet slips away. I'm extremely depressed after seeing this and I'm looking for a solution, eagerly.

Warmly Reminder :- Respectfully -- Please don't come up with something like, Try again and apply for More Jobs and Do Good work for Clients, Get 5 stars and JSS will improve and so on!

I Know all that, Stuff !!! I have Read every single Article on JSS out there! All I want is to Please Answer the above 3 Questions I Have asked. I'll be Really Thankful for that.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read out my message.
Eagerly waiting for your response.
Have A Great day!

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1375 of 1,524

Muhammad A wrote:

1. Why My JSS dropped down to 61% from 78% this week, even that I have completed 4 Short Projects with Great 5 Stars Reveiws -- Public and Private, Both!!!

You had ***POOR***  feedback on a contract that ended on the 12th. That became included in your JSS calculation yesterday.

Muhammad A wrote:

If I Have Completed 4 projects with Great reveiws in two weeks, 

You have not done that. There were several contracts that closed between the updates, but most of them were miniscule (The JSS is Dollar-weighed, so $5 doesn't do much) and the only sizeable one came with very poor feedback. Another contract since the last update also came with not so great feedback, the client marked you just 3 stars for skills and quality....

Muhammad A wrote:

that Suddenly, The JSS Score dropped down to 61% THIS WEEK and WITHOUT ANY REASON

What do you mean "without any reason" - poor feedback isn't "without any reason!" That client really wasn't happy... 

moonraker
Community Guru
Jamie F Member Since: Mar 7, 2010
1376 of 1,524

Muhammad A wrote:

I Know, Private Feedback also matters a lot when it comes to JSS. But I'm 100% sure that the Clients who’ve Given 5 Stars Publicly, So They did the same at Private Feedback!! I’m 100000% Sure!!

It doesn't work like that, so you can't be 100000% sure. 

It's not uncommon for clients to leave perfect open feedback and negative private feedback. They tend to do so to avoid being hassled by freelancers. 

Besides, you had another poor outcome that would take effect in the latest update anyway. 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1377 of 1,524

Jamie F wrote:

Besides, you had another poor outcome that would take effect in the latest update anyway. 

two...

acable
Abigail C Member Since: May 19, 2020
1378 of 1,524

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me with this. My JSS score was 89% and recently dropped to 80%. The only feedback I received in that time was a 5.0, and there were no old scores that got dropped off. I know I can't see the private portion of the recent feedback, but this is aclient I have a good relationship with - I'd be shocked if he gave me negative feedback privately despite the 5.0 publicly. Any idea why this might have happened?

Thanks in advance!

a_lipsey
Community Guru
Amanda L Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
1379 of 1,524

Abigail C wrote:

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me with this. My JSS score was 89% and recently dropped to 80%. The only feedback I received in that time was a 5.0, and there were no old scores that got dropped off. I know I can't see the private portion of the recent feedback, but this is aclient I have a good relationship with - I'd be shocked if he gave me negative feedback privately despite the 5.0 publicly. Any idea why this might have happened?

Thanks in advance!

It might shock you, but the most likely reason is that he gave less than perfect private feedback. 

acable
Abigail C Member Since: May 19, 2020
1380 of 1,524
I don't think that was it - he felt so badly about it that he sent me a
screenshot of the feedback, which was all positive.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS