Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reason for JSS decrease

imibha
Imran B Member Since: Sep 20, 2017
1501 of 1,652

Hi everyone,

I have done some good work with my clients on upwork but my JSS is not stopping at going down and down, even I have not got any reply or project for last 1-2 months on upwork. The Algorithm is really frustrating plus you can't able to talk to the support team on upwork, they only have virtual bot who is scripted. Also I figure upwork don't respect their freelancers more than clients which is biased.

I don't know how to get out of this situation. My JSS is 54% right now which is causing problem for my clients to get back to me when I submit tons of propsals, really need a direction from someone, what to do??

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1502 of 1,652

Imran B wrote:

I have done some good work with my clients on upwork but my JSS is not stopping at going down and down

There isn't really anything Support can do about your JSS, so it wastes your time as well as theirs to contact them about it.

Basically, your clients aren't too happy, and that is reflected in their private feedback.

menriquez69
Ace Contributor
Mark E Member Since: Feb 3, 2020
1503 of 1,652
>I don't know how to get out of this situation. My JSS is 54% right now
which is causing problem for my clients to get back to me when I submit
tons of propsals, really need a direction from someone, what to do??

You should start looking for full-time work elsewhere...you will never
get hired here with that JSS score.  Good luck to you.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
1504 of 1,652

You should start looking for full-time work elsewhere...you will never
get hired here with that JSS score.  Good luck to you.

Strangely enough, this isn't necessarily true. I've seen several people drop into the 50s and 60s and rebuild, and at least one who never seemed to rise out of the 60s but still had consistent work.

avishekbhardwaj4
Ace Contributor
Avishek B Member Since: May 31, 2021
1505 of 1,652

i am getting contract and 5 star from clients .. although they are happy with my task ... but as i see why my jss drop down to 92 - 89% .. what are the reason which i am suffering from low JSS Score .. can anyone help .. in which term i am lagging behined ? .. last update of jSS drop down by 2 % ... please anybody hea .. give me some clue at what the reason this was happend ?

martina_plaschka
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
1506 of 1,652

Avishek B wrote:

i am getting contract and 5 star from clients .. although they are happy with my task ... but as i see why my jss drop down to 92 - 89% .. what are the reason which i am suffering from low JSS Score .. can anyone help .. in which term i am lagging behined ? .. last update of jSS drop down by 2 % ... please anybody hea .. give me some clue at what the reason this was happend ?

Private feedback. 

n_sitpara
Nilesh S Member Since: Sep 30, 2017
1507 of 1,652

Hello,

I had been active on upwork doing design jobs and had top rated tag to my profile. I met with an accident couple of months back and wasn't able to logon to upwork as the accident crippled my eye sight. I wasn't able to reply to 2 clients due to this reason and they gave low scores. I understand that but my score kept on gradually decreasing even if there were no feedback from any other clients. Now that I've been able to resume work but due to very low score clients don't prefer me for their jobs. I had about $100 in my account which upwork readily debited as I was in membership program, but still the score kept on reducing. My current score has dropped to 55%. Kindly help to regain my position as a reputed freelancer who does jobs well so that I can start working on upwork again. https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/~017ccba6d23bc662ad/

Thank you.

Regards,

Nilesh Sitpara

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
1508 of 1,652

The maximum calculation window for your JSS is 24 months. So, as time passes, your positive reviews from contracts that closed more than 2 years ago (currently October 15, 2019 or earlier) are removed from your score set. What you are left with are some positive reviews which will continue to drop out of the window each month, some closed contracts that have no review which cannot contribute to your score, and several negative reviews. Those negative reviews will gain more "power" with each passing week unless you are able to offset them with new positive reviews. 

If I understand the process correctly, if you don't find any new jobs, at some point you will have too few closed contracts in your calculation window to form a JSS and it will no longer be visible to potential clients. In the meantime, those contracts that ended badly in your 2-year window will continue to drag down your score. 

n_sitpara
Nilesh S Member Since: Sep 30, 2017
1509 of 1,652

Thank you Tonya for your detailed reply on how the upwork score works. My only problem is that due to low score (even if I was and am good at work) I'm not able to secure any projects. Is there a way out to this as no proposals get replied. Before my accident I used to get many interviews too due to my score performance. I'm trying to apply to jobs but one of the client even rejected it stating low score as reason.

What should be done in this situation other than sending as many proposals as possible? Thank you

webmaster250
Kevin O Member Since: Jan 16, 2020
1510 of 1,652

Hello, I have noted that my Jss score is declining despite receiving some positive reviews from clients recently. One of 4.85 and another 4.30 but Jss score has declined from 78 to 64%. Could please check and tell me what is wrong.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS