Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reason for JSS decrease

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
361 of 515

Khwahish A wrote:

if I refund, all my hard work for the work will go into vain (can provide me poor rating as well), and in both cases, it will further reduce my JSS.

In both situations the client left less than great private feedback when they ended the contract. Whether you refund or not won't make any difference, the effect of the contract on your JSS is already done. Refunding won't make it worse.

raymundbaya
Raymund B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
362 of 515

I always had a 100% JSS on my profile from the beginning, then now it become 97%. I had a client 2 weeks ago, he hired me on a job and did a test job for 4 hours. After 4 hours, I feel like the job requires more attention and time. As I'm also working with 3 other contracts. So I told him politely  that I cannot continue with the job and I actually deleted all the hours I've worked so he will not pay anything. 

Today, as I checked my profile, my JSS drops to 97%.  Maybe because of the private feedback he gave. I just feel sad.

r_tocmo
Rio T Member Since: Oct 24, 2017
363 of 515

Hi Everyone,

Can someone share me insights regarding what's going on with my JSS since it keeps dropping. As far as I've remembered, my score was showing 86% four weeks ago and was updated to 81% two weeks ago but now it dropped again to 75%. My last project was on Jul 2020 which didn't turned out so well and maybe thats the reason why my JSS dropped from 86 to 81. But my concern is it keeps on dropping from which I'm afraid it will hinder to win jobs in marketplace. I get that the JSS calculation has 6, 12 and 24 months timeframe, so my last project falls on the 6 month timeframe that's why my score was dropping. My question is, is there a chance that my jss score will rise again when the computation falls to 12 and 24 month timeframe given that I have successfully completed projects during 2019 and early 2020. Appreciate your response on this.

petra_r
Community Guru
364 of 515

wrote:

Can someone share me insights regarding what's going on with my JSS since it keeps dropping. As far as I've remembered, my score was showing 86% four weeks ago and was updated to 81% two weeks ago but now it dropped again to 75%.

Essenially you are losing successful contracts and you lost 2 calculation windows. You lost the 6 month window and the 12 month window because you don't have enough contracts with feedback in the 1 year or 6 month window to calculate a JSS from at all. So you're on your 24 month window. Without adding any successfully completed contracts, your JSS will continue to drop because you are losing good outcomes as they fall out of the maximum 2 year window, while poor outcome(s) remain and their weight gets heavier and heavier.

r_tocmo
Rio T Member Since: Oct 24, 2017
365 of 515

Thank you for the prompt response Petra however I'm afraid my current score will hinder me to win more jobs in marketplace.

7bcce713
Syed F Member Since: Jun 1, 2020
366 of 515

Hi, my Upwork job success score was 83% and now it is 78 automatically why?

petra_r
Community Guru
367 of 515

Syed F wrote:

Hi, my Upwork job success score was 83% and now it is 78 automatically why?

Because you got poor private feedback.

ilijamiljkovac
Ilija M Member Since: Jan 25, 2021
368 of 515

Hi everyone!

I've recently been trying to recover my JSS after a bit of a rough period. My last 3 contracts were completely successful, but my JSS somehow went from 83% to 82%. How did this happen, and is there any way for me to fix it?

02b3abea
Ashish N Member Since: Nov 18, 2020
369 of 515
My JSS has dropped Suddenly. I have no recent contract or inprogess contract. Last contact was completed on 11 January but still 24 January it was 100%. But today it’s suddenly dropped in 80% but Why?
petra_r
Community Guru
370 of 515

Ashish N wrote:
My JSS has dropped Suddenly. I have no recent contract or inprogess contract. Last contact was completed on 11 January but still 24 January it was 100%. But today it’s suddenly dropped in 80% but Why?

The JSS updates every 2 weeks on a Sunday afternoon/evening UTC and updated yesterday.

The contract that closed on the 11th wll have become counted into your jSS yesterday, it will have had poor private feedback.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS