Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reason for JSS decrease

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
911 of 1,054

Faisal H wrote:

does cancellation of milestones affect JSS?

Cancellation of milestones has no effect. Unhappy clients leaving poor private feedback does. Basically, your JSS reflects the private feedback clients who left feedback left for you while closing the contract.

aayush321
Aayush S Member Since: Jun 13, 2021
912 of 1,054
My Job score Calculated after 4 contracts ended. i t was 78 and now it decreased to 71 even it should be increased because i got 5 ratings in all my ended contracts..... please give me a reason..
pradeephele
Pradeep H Moderator Member Since: Jan 11, 2021
913 of 1,054

Hello Aayush,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the drop in your JSS. Job Success Scores reflect a wide range of factors such as public and private feedback, long-term contracts, and repeat ones. You can monitor your Job Success Score on your My Stats page. Please see the following link for more info about what affects your score.

Thank you.

Pradeep. 

Untitled
austen_f
Austen F Member Since: Sep 22, 2020
914 of 1,054

Yesterday my JSS updated and dipped from 100% to 83%. In the past few weeks, I have received no new feedback from clients so I'm a bit puzzled as to the cause of the sudden decline. Additionally, I am a top rated freelancer and My Stats informs me that I still have that badge as of June 13th. However, when I check my profile the badge has disappeared. Can anyone help explain what's happening?

gilbert-phyllis
Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
915 of 1,054

It probably has to do with calculation windows. You now have only one closed contract in your six-month window, so the JSS is using either the 6- or 12-month window. You had several weak outcomes last fall and those may be weighing more, somehow.

petra_r
Community Guru
916 of 1,054

Austen F wrote:

Yesterday my JSS updated and dipped from 100% to 83%. In the past few weeks, I have received no new feedback from clients so I'm a bit puzzled as to the cause of the sudden decline.

As Phyllis said, you no longer have a 6 month calculation window, only 12 and 24 months.

You want to make sure that you close 3 or more contracts in the next 2 weeks with hopefully positive outcomes so you can re-establish a 6-month JSS before your top-rated eligible weeks drop too deep.

Austen F wrote:

Additionally, I am a top rated freelancer and My Stats informs me that I still have that badge as of June 13th. However, when I check my profile the badge has disappeared. 

You're no longer top rated. It just takes time to update.

avishekbhardwaj4
Avishek B Member Since: May 31, 2021
917 of 1,054

hey ... i want to know how to boost my jss again.. it felt on 95% ... and i have a question last month i got a raising talent badge holder and after three days it disapper from my profile why so ... can you please see my profile what wrong with this 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/avishekbhardwaj3

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
918 of 1,054

Hi Avishek,

I checked and since you already have a JSS, your Rising Talent badge had been replaced. Once you have enough work history on Upwork, your Rising Talent status will automatically be replaced by a Job Success Score (JSS). Once you earn a Job Success Score, you can start working toward Top Rated status. To learn more about how your score is calculated and what affects it to change, please check this help article

~ Joanne
Upwork
david_goder
Davit G Member Since: Dec 15, 2018
919 of 1,054

Just noticed my JSS changes from 100% to 91% while all my recent contracts have been very successful, the most recent one has no feedback yet because it still in progress. That particular contract has a past due milestone, is it possible that it's the reason for the JSS change?
Thanks.

petra_r
Community Guru
920 of 1,054

Davit G wrote:

That particular contract has a past due milestone, is it possible that it's the reason for the JSS change?

No, that's impossible. You no longer have enough completed contracts in your 6 month window to calculate a 6 month JSS from, so it defaulted to the 1 or 2 year window which is clearly lower. Once you have enough completed contracts (usually 4+) with feedback in your 6 month window again, you'll have enough to calculate a 6 month JSS again and may well return to 100% if the next contract ends perfectly.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS