cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reasons to hire the best design team..?

evawebb
Eva W Member Since: Oct 15, 2013
1 of 3
Hi, I'm currently in the process of hiring for a web design and development project. It's a big website, built using Wordpress, that will involve memberships, course presentation and various other features. Yesterday my boss decided that I should do most of the design myself and we can "farm out the rest of it" cheap. I am very, very aware of the vital importance of getting every part of this process right, especially right now in the first stages when we're building the foundations. I have plenty of reasons from my point of view why this is a very bad idea, but I was wondering whether any of you may be able to help me with a few more technicalities so I don't end up having to scrimp on pennies? Very many thanks in advance! Eva
asajid
Ayesha S Member Since: Nov 22, 2009
2 of 3
Hi Eva, Don't go for cheap. that is never a good idea. Look for an experienced freelancer, search and invite people to the job yourself after going over their past work, feedback and skills. Invite them to the job and then make a selection. If you focus on the rate too much, you might end up wasting more resources than getting quality work. The marketplace has a vast range of quality developers and I'm sure if you look around, you'll find the right person within a reasonable budget. Hope this helps...
oDesk Forum Moderator Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...
marciamalory
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
3 of 3
I can't speak for designers, but as a writer/editor I have been hired a number of times to fix writing done by cheap writers. It is easier for me to write something from scratch than to fix a mess; therefore, the clients paid me more for my editing than they would have paid me to do the writing in the first place. And that's in addition to what they originally paid the cheap writers. Designers have probably had similar experiences.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS