Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received offer without an interview

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
11 of 15

If you are new to Upwork, receiving an offer with no prior interview could be sketchy. I would definitely not accept. Don't be afraid to ask questions about the gig and the client. The only time I said yes to an offer prior to an interview, the client was very demanding and the contract did not go well. 

alexandernovikov
Community Guru
Alexander N Member Since: Dec 28, 2008
12 of 15

I had one project like this. It was a crazy ride. Made good money, but ended up with ridiculous feedback i had (for the first time) to delete.

richard_wein
Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
13 of 15

I've had a small number of these.  In my case they were just clients new to Upwork who didn't know the system. I basically treated them the same as any other potential client,  discussing the job before accepting (or rejecting) it. I was able to communicate with them without accepting the offer. Don't you have a chat room for them? 

P.S. Yes, you can't see the client's history.  That didn't matter in my cases as they were new to Upwork.  In the past,  moderators have said that you can contact customer support to get info about the client's history. 

marshall-debbie
Ace Contributor
Debbie M Member Since: Feb 8, 2021
14 of 15

Thanks for the info. 

marshall-debbie
Ace Contributor
Debbie M Member Since: Feb 8, 2021
15 of 15

Good to know, thank you. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS