🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Received offer without applying
Page options
reshma-b
Community Member

Received offer without applying

Hello,

I've received a job offer from a client recently. I've not yet accepted the offer as I dont remember applying to the job for which I received the offer. Also, I cannot find the job description directly from the job offer. So, my question is, can clients directly create offers without creating a job posting? Secondly, When I open any job posting, I see client's recent history like jobs in progress, reviews, hourly rate with which client has hired, etc. How can I find out all this information about the client when I cannot see the job posting corresponding to the offer?

Thanks in advance!

Reshma

4 REPLIES 4
calebmwangi
Community Member

Reshma, 

I am not an expert in this as I am a freelancer not a community guru. I don't know whether a client can initiate an offer without creating a job description. What I know is you can get offers even when you haven't applied for a job. 
Somebody may have just looked at your profile and liked it, and think you could help with something they want done, at that point they can send you an offer. In my case, it came with a job description though. 

You may not see client history probably because s/he is a new client who hasn't worked with anyone else before. 
I also advise that you either accept or decline the offer soonest as your response time will count somewhere in your ratings. 

I hope I was able to shed some light on your query

Best, 
Caleb.

Thanks for the reply. The client is definitely not a new client. I can see the overall client rating (where I see about 5 stars as a result of about 20+ reviews) . It's just that without a job description, I'm not able to see individual reviews by other freelancers. Without knowing all these details, I'm a bit hesitant to accept the offer.

booksist
Community Member

Hi Reshma,

Apparently, there are clients who don’t want to waste time on job posting and invitations. You could ask CS to give you the info you need but perhaps they won’t answer quickly enough.

I’ve been in exactly the same situation several times. When the jobs seemed perfect for me, I accepted - and those experiences were absolutely great. Perhaps you could decide based on the ad itself (and your intuition)? It worked for me 🙂

Thanks a lot for your reply Valentina, that was helpful!

Regards,

Reshma

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths