🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Receiving a payment
Page options
ifpulizz
Community Member

Receiving a payment

I live in the U.S. and a payment from a client is in process. When I later viewed the invoice, I found that the address of the client is in Canada. Does this mean a currency exchange will be required to receive the payment?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Ian P wrote:

I live in the U.S. and a payment from a client is in process. When I later viewed the invoice, I found that the address of the client is in Canada. Does this mean a currency exchange will be required to receive the payment?

No, Upwork charges the client US Dollars and you are paid by Upwork in US Dollars.

The flow of money is always Client > Upwork > Freelancer, regardless of where the client or the freelancer are located.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Ian P wrote:

No, Upwork charges the client US Dollars and you are paid by Upwork in US Dollars.

The flow of money is always Client > Upwork > Freelancer, regardless of where the client or the freelancer are located.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members