Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving an offer directly: lack information about the client

narrator_psyche
Mikhail U Member Since: Aug 21, 2016
1 of 4

Hi there!

Here is some question I’ve been interested in for a long time:

How can I see client’s previous Upwork history if he sends me an offer directly, skipping the Invitation to Interview process?

We are all aware that all necessary information about the client is on the right side when you get an Invitation. But if you’re receiving just an offer – there is no payment method information, no reviews and no billings visible to freelancer.

Thanks in advance for your reply!

juvy_ann-palma
Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
2 of 4

@Mikhail U wrote:

Hi there!

Here is some question I’ve been interested in for a long time:

How can I see client’s previous Upwork history if he sends me an offer directly, skipping the Invitation to Interview process?

We are all aware that all necessary information about the client is on the right side when you get an Invitation. But if you’re receiving just an offer – there is no payment method information, no reviews and no billings visible to freelancer.

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Is it possible that he is a repeat client or that you submitted a proposal to him or her but he or she chose to give you another assignment instead of the one that you're interested in?  I once did that experiment.  I searched through my archived proposals and I discovered that I actually submitted a proposal to the client.  Then he came back again and again.  

mirshahzad
Community Leader
Shahzad A Member Since: Feb 25, 2015
3 of 4

Dear Mikhail,

Before accepting the offer, you can discuss anything with  your client through messages, and you can go to the client's company name, and see the history, or you can contact with the Customer Support team (**Edited for Community Guidelines**) for the background of the client. Best of Luck at the Upwork.

iaabraham
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
BEST ANSWER
4 of 4

Hi Mikhail,

I've had the same problem a few times (https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Job-offer-without-job-link-amp-without-client-history/m-...), and I think this one of the biggest issues when it comes to being hired.

Upwork has no solution/workaround for this, and will probably not do anything about it in the near future, so you have 3 options:

1. Directly ask the client about their company, etc. or for a link to their website. Or you could ask them to create a job post for the contract so that you can access its link and see their history.

2. Ask customer support for the client's details/history. You'll see in the link above that this is what Olga did.

3. Do the same as I do - take a chance and accept the job offer without knowing anything about the client. (Luckily this has worked out great for me so far, but it's very risky.)

View solution in original post

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS