cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving job invitations for jobs not listed in my skill set

Amanda C Member Since: Apr 2, 2013
1 of 4
I am receiving invitations to apply for jobs listed in the aree of quality assurance and testing. While I have some quality experience, I am not qualified for the jobs they are sending me, nor do I want them. I am a copywriter. 1. I do NOT have this skill listed in my skill section. 2. I have NEVER applied for one of these jobs. 3. They are always listed from clients in Dubai. I receive these job invitations on a regular basis--sometimes several of them a day. It's getting annoying and if I overlook declining them my response rating will be impacted. Why am I getting these? How do I get them to stop? And for goodness sakes, why are they ALL from Dubai??! And while I am getting a ton of these invitations, I'm not getting as many copywriting invitations. I get some, but not as many as the QA jobs. Am I set up incorrectly in the system somehow?
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
2 of 4
It sounds like you are getting invites from the * team (* alphabetic letter). If this is the case you can actually contact oDesk and opt out of their invites.
"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
3 of 4
"It sounds like you are getting invites from the * team" Or one of oDesk's many mad robots (euphemistically termed algorithms)...
Amanda C Member Since: Apr 2, 2013
4 of 4
Robots...? What do you mean?? Doesn't sound good though. :/
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS