🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Receiving strange messages from clients
Page options
farrukhkhan21
Community Member

Receiving strange messages from clients

Hi guys,

I have received messages that look strange from two different clients through my Project Catalog. Both clients have the same requirements, they provided their phone numbers too. The first message was received last week and the second one today. Should I propose a new contract to them or do they look fake? Have anyone of you ever received this type of message? Kindly guide me in this regard. Thank you very much.

The messages are:

"I have SEO clients worldwide that pay really good, I employ local writers but the reason they pay big is because I tell them I upload projects on Upwork. So I need a client on Upwork that I will be paying through to make them see I deal on Upwork. Your job will only be uploading the job, you don't have to do it as its already done. I will give you 20% of all earnings payments range from $800-$1500, Or you can also upload one of your recent job you have ever done and upload remember the main target is to make them see I deal on Upwork.
so if you are interested kindly reach me out via what's up +254 7 - - - - - "

"Hello Farrukh, I want to make a proposition to you. I have alot of clients with work and all I need is a platform. I will give you the job but you will not do the work. I will pay and I will need you to remit 80% of the funds and take 20%. The reason I am doing this is because my clients need an official account of how their work is been done. I will guarantee you business of UpTo 1 year so you will make good money and it is a win win situation. Let me know .I am also going to provide the documents to upload so that the engagement is as authentic as possible
my no +1530 - - - - "

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Farrukh,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have already flagged the Client's message. Our team will review and take action based on our internal guidelines. 

Please check out this course for more tips on staying safe on Upwork and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Farrukh, that is fraud. Please report to Upwork so their Profile can be removed. Thanks!

Hi William, Thank you very much for the suggestion.

You are most welcome and have a wonderful day!

PradeepH

Hi Farrukh,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have already flagged the Client's message. Our team will review and take action based on our internal guidelines. 

Please check out this course for more tips on staying safe on Upwork and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you very much for your guidance and support.

Best regards,

Farrukh Khan

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members