🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Recieving payments via Local Bank account - I...
Page options
d_skoro
Community Member

Recieving payments via Local Bank account - I need help

Dear colleagues and friends,

I set up a local bank account on my profile as the default way to receive earned money. It used to be PayPal before.

Upwork has regularly processed this request. However, today I got the information that my local bank does not have a correspondent bank for USD and not work with USD currency for now.

Last night, I transferred some of my money from Upwork to my local bank account, but due to my bank problem, I do not believe I will receive it properly.

My bank has correspondent banks for EUR.

Does anyone know if there is a conversion option from USD to EUR when Upwork makes a payment specifically for this transaction? What will happen to my transaction? Will I receive it?

Now I'm back to PayPal. I've never had a problem with it.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dzenan,

All transactions on Upwork are in US dollars. When direct to local bank account is the disbursement method, then the funds are converted automatically into your local currency. You can check out this article for more information about fees and timing associated with the direct to local bank method. Also, you can contact your bank to check on the transaction you're expecting.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members