🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Recommend a friend
Page options
humbled
Community Member

Recommend a friend

This is an unusual one, Im looking to see if this is allowed and also the best way to do it.

I mainly do SEO and digital work and I messaged a prospective client and got into a discussion, the discussion has gone well but the client budget is a little low for me and I find the industry they work in quite boring (womans fashion related, they didnt state this in the original application or I would not have made contact with them).

Now, I have a friend who is also a freelaner who has joined upwork and has a very similar skillset to me but she also has a interest in fashion, a degree in fashion and would be really happy with a budget in the ballpart of what this client has, she has only a few jobs on Upwork so far.

Is there any way to put these 2 people in contact with one another on upwork? Is this a good idea? Should I just message the client and ask them....... Has anyone done anything like this before?

4 REPLIES 4
lysis10
Community Member

James M wrote:

This is an unusual one, Im looking to see if this is allowed and also the best way to do it.

I mainly do SEO and digital work and I messaged a prospective client and got into a discussion, the discussion has gone well but the client budget is a little low for me and I find the industry they work in quite boring (womans fashion related, they didnt state this in the original application or I would not have made contact with them).

Now, I have a friend who is also a freelaner who has joined upwork and has a very similar skillset to me but she also has a interest in fashion, a degree in fashion and would be really happy with a budget in the ballpart of what this client has, she has only a few jobs on Upwork so far.

Is there any way to put these 2 people in contact with one another on upwork? Is this a good idea? Should I just message the client and ask them....... Has anyone done anything like this before?

Link your friend's Upwork account in chat and tell the client to contact her.

timefighter11
Community Member

James M wrote:

I find the industry they work in quite boring (womans fashion related, they didnt state this in the original application or I would not have made contact with them).

Hay Ladies, James find your fashion quite boring. Man LOL

Muhammad Zeeshan H wrote:

James M wrote:

I find the industry they work in quite boring (womans fashion related, they didnt state this in the original application or I would not have made contact with them).

lol well, I can't speak for all ladies but I'm not some lame blue checkmark wokie who gets offended by everything. It's totally cool to hate fashion. He should do what makes him happy.

Jennifer M wrote:

Muhammad Zeeshan H wrote:

James M wrote:

lol well, I can't speak for all ladies but I'm not some lame blue checkmark wokie who gets offended by everything. It's totally cool to hate fashion. He should do what makes him happy.

Oh ! it's sad to see my efforts going to waste as those can't even help Jenni offend. Man Sad

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths