🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Recommendation: Deduction of Gratuity to secu...
Page options
shakeelrehmat
Community Member

Recommendation: Deduction of Gratuity to secure Freelancers on Upwork

Hi everyone,

I've got an idea of securing the career of freelancers and supporting them after a specific tenure which is "Gratuity". Yes, you hear right!

What if Upwork give us this service and deduct some amount of the earning on per month basis and enter in contract with any third party to support the freelancers after agreed tenure(time frame) like after 5 years or ten years.

It will be easy for the top rated and top rated plus freelancers and it will be nominal amount to be deducted on monthly basis. But after 5 or 10 years, it could be a good amount.

If you agree this idea, then support me so that we can present before the management.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
lysis10
Community Member

Upwork is not a bank. Put money in a savings account and you'll get the same deal.

florydev
Community Member

Jennifer M wrote:

Upwork is not a bank. Put money in a savings account and you'll get the same deal.

Actually better because Upwork won't control it.

Jennifer M wrote:

Well, who said Upwork is a bank. Almost every company secure the future of its employees with the help of third parties. That's what I am talking about. What's wrong if Upwork shake hand any third party for this purpose?

Muhammad S wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

Almost every company secure the future of its employees with the help of third parties. 

No, they don't. And even if they do, you are not an employee.

Upwork are losing 'a lot' of their own money. 

I think I'll give it a miss. 

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Muhammad S wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've got an idea of securing the career of freelancers and supporting them after a specific tenure which is "Gratuity". Yes, you hear right!

What if Upwork give us this service and deduct some amount of the earning on per month basis and enter in contract with any third party to support the freelancers after agreed tenure(time frame) like after 5 years or ten years.

It will be easy for the top rated and top rated plus freelancers and it will be nominal amount to be deducted on monthly basis. But after 5 or 10 years, it could be a good amount.

If you agree this idea, then support me so that we can present before the management.

Thanks.

I wouldn't mind if they gave me a tip now and then, but this, no. 

iaabraham
Community Member

Muhammad S wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks.

No thank you! They need to get their basic functions right -- like messaging tools and notifications -- before even thinking about something like this. And even then, no. This is a freelancing platform, so do as Jen suggested and go to a bank or research various investment programs. Please don't give Upwork any more bright ideas that just lead to chaos.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths