🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Recommendation algorithm again.
Page options
pgregory_indigo
Community Member

Recommendation algorithm again.

I've mentioned this before, but a recent email from UpWork prompted me to mention it again. I tried to find a way to contact UpWork about this, but can't find anything obvious, no "contact us" link.

Whatever algorithm you're using to determine what should be included as recommended jobs for a freelancer is, well, worse than useless, almost to the point where the emails from UpWork recommending jobs are little more than time-wasting spam.

Example: what, in your algorithm, knowing exactly what my standard hourly rates are, would suggest that putting a job that explicitly states an hourly rate that is <10% of that standard rate (and in fact less than the minimum wage in most western countries) would be a good idea? While I understand that this rate might be appropriate in certain markets, it doesn't take much to work out who it should be recommended to, and whom it shouldn't.

2 REPLIES 2
spectralua
Community Member

It is useless spam long time. I have unsubscribed anywhere possible. Useless info with time wasting for reading. Thanks Upwork after unsubscribed no more such spam received.

d9fc6d8d
Community Member

Absolutely.

It seems like uncluttering the job feed, reworking their recommendation algorithm, and doing something about the rampant spam/scam job posts would be the least they can do since they're about to double their contract commission rates. But no, no additional value provided, just commission hikes.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths