🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Recommendations for interviews
Page options
40cb60ad
Community Member

Recommendations for interviews

What do you recommend for getting the initial interviews down? Trying to adjust my tactics.

1 REPLY 1
bizwriterjohn
Community Member

Adjust your tactics to this:

1. Write a strong, reasonably lengthy profile. Other's disagree with this.  I disagree with them.  Balance.

- Who are you

- What do you do
- Why are you the best choice
- How do you get started.

2. Make sure your portfolio is uber-strong.  If you have yet to invest 50 hours in it, you are shorting yourself in competitive position.

3. Write quality interview letters.  I recommend at least 75 to 100 words.  Pick lines from what they list as work responsibilties and physically quote them in your response letter.  Then provide specific information as to successes you have had in your past with that style of work,.

4. When an invite comes in, always, always schedule a video conference interview as your first step.  Upwork provides a facility.  Zoom works well.'

5. Qualify the prospect by researching their LinkedIn URL and business website.  If they are flakey, odds are this will be a problem-child client,

6. Indicate the next step is project scoping.  Gain enough information in the first call so you can fairly scope your work after some time for thought.  If it is a big project, cull out a starter work effort and quote that.

And assume there are a dozen Upworkers whose rent, food, and bank account are involved with their wins of work.  Their primary goal is to defeat you and take the work.

Which means you now know the mindset to have, as you compete.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members