Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended payment method for Norway

jr-translation
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
1 of 4

For people in Norway you recommend to choose "Direct to Local Bank (EUR)".

The bank accout I am using in my local Norwegian bank is for US$. Since Norway does not have the EURO I wonder why I cannot choose to get paid in US$. Why do I have to pay twice to get the currency converted from US$ to EUR and back to US$ (ignoring the fact that I eventually need NOK).

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 4

@Jennifer R wrote:

For people in Norway you recommend to choose "Direct to Local Bank (EUR)".

The bank accout I am using in my local Norwegian bank is for US$. Since Norway does not have the EURO I wonder why I cannot choose to get paid in US$. Why do I have to pay twice to get the currency converted from US$ to EUR and back to US$ (ignoring the fact that I eventually need NOK).

If you have a US Dollar account use wire transfer. Yes, it costs $ 30 but for withdrawals of a half reasonable size it is worth it to offset having to convert twice.

Local Funds transfer can't be sent in US Dollars because it is sent from a local bank in Euro (that is why it's called "local funds" transfer.

jr-translation
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
3 of 4

I still would like to hear from UW why I cannot choose the be paid in US$. They should even be able to offer NOK since they have an office is Oslo.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 4

Hi Jennifer,

I understand the benefit of getting paid in your local currency, NOK, but at the moment you have two options: either setting up and using Direct to Local Bank withdrawal method in EUR or withdrawing your earnings in USD via the Wire Transfer option. Alternatively, you can consider setting up PayPal on your account or using any of the other options for withdrawing your earnings.

Our team is always looking into different ways for further improving the withdrawal options and we will keep our Community updated in case any changes are implemented in this respect Thank you for your feedback, I'll forward it to our team.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS