Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommending my friends to client

ibarra_ruben
Ruben I Member Since: Feb 25, 2018
1 of 7

Hi, I have the following situation.

There are some cases on the ones I like to recommend my friends Upwork as they need money or want to start a freelancer career and in some other cases I would like to recommend my clients to invite them to a job. I haven't done this but would like to do so.

Is this ethical and respectful to Upwork's policies?

Kind regards

joanbonjoc
Community Guru
Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
BEST ANSWER
2 of 7

Hi Ruben,

Thanks for your message. You can create an agency and work as a staffing manager and bidding jobs on behalf of other agency members. You can check this link to learn more about Agencies. Or you can simply send a link to a public job posting to a friend and they can apply. Hope this helps.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

View solution in original post

ibarra_ruben
3 of 7

Thanks, partially is work.

But is asking for a client to invite a friend directly allowed? That is what I would like to do in this case.

Kind regards.

jcullinan
Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
4 of 7

@Ruben I wrote:

Thanks, partially is work.

But is asking for a client to invite a friend directly allowed? That is what I would like to do in this case.

Kind regards.

Yes, it's allowed. Have your friend open an Upwork account, and once they're all set up, send the link to their profile to your client. They can hire your friend directly from your friend's profile page, or send them an invitation to interview for a job post.

ibarra_ruben
5 of 7

Thanks for the answer.

However, I have another question.

Is it valid if I ask a client to create a project with 2 hiring spaces, create a group chat and ask him to hire my friend in one of them?

I ask because I know the other person in real life and can do excellent teamwork with him.

jcullinan
Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
6 of 7

@Ruben I wrote:

Thanks for the answer.

However, I have another question.

Is it valid if I ask a client to create a project with 2 hiring spaces, create a group chat and ask him to hire my friend in one of them?

I ask because I know the other person in real life and can do excellent teamwork with him.

I can't see why not, but a Moderator would have to confirm. I know it's not allowed for you to hire someone else yourself to do work for a client, but if the client is hiring both of you, that's a different story. 

nkocendova
Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
7 of 7

Hi Ruben,

If your friend's registration has been accepted and your client is in need of hiring two freelancers to complete a project, this would not be a problem.  The client can also follow the instructions outlined here to hire your friend for a project if your friend is currently not yet on Upwork.

~Nina
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS