🐈 Community
jnlanda

Recommending other freelancers

I think it would be awesome if there was an option on a job posting to recommend a freelancer. If I see something that may not be for me, but someone else would be perfect at, I would like to help them out. This may be more attractive to a potential client than just telling the person to go apply to that job.

Thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3
amlord

I agree. I have been working from home for a long time and know a lot of others who do as well. On several occasions I have sent job post links to colleagues when I knew it would be a good fit for them. It's always a good feeling to know a good match was made!

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jaime and Angela,

Interesting suggestion. Thank you very much for sharing it with us. We would need to make sure that the recommendations come from a reliable source, otherwise there may be potential for abuse.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I think it is a good idea as well.

I recently interviewed for a job (medical translation) that turned out to be way too technical for me. So I suggested the client interview another freelancer I compete with over a lot of jobs, who has a medical degree and an outstanding track record for this sort of translation.

I do not know her but am really impressed by her profile.

Upcoming Events
Oct 27
Nov 29