cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recorded time

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
1 of 9

What happened to date and time for the messages on the forum? I don't think it was a good idea to remove those.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 9

Are you referring to these, Nichola?

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Do you see them differently?

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
3 of 9

No, I am referring to the actual date and time when a post/thread was made. It used to look like this:

‎03-10-2016 03:53 PM

For example there is a new post today, that simply says 'yesterday' - this could be meaningless for freelancers in different time zones.

Even if the time is set to California time, it still gives a correct indication of the post. But maybe I am missing something?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 9

Hi Nichola,

You can go to My Setting > Preferences and choose a different time zone, since the default is PST. If you select one of the European time zones, it should change the recent Community post you mentioned from yesterday to a certain number of hours ago. You can try it now and let me know if it works.

This widget could not be displayed.
5 of 9

@Nichola L wrote:

No, I am referring to the actual date and time when a post/thread was made. It used to look like this:

‎03-10-2016 03:53 PM

For example there is a new post today, that simply says 'yesterday' - this could be meaningless for freelancers in different time zones.

Even if the time is set to California time, it still gives a correct indication of the post. But maybe I am missing something?

You are right, Nichola. Very strange, it must have been changed on 20th March, as there are postings of 20th March with and without the exact date. A bug or is there any good reason to conceal the exact date and time? I only see negative effects.

Community Guru
6 of 9

Vlad it is not so much whether it is PST or UCT, the time doesn't show at all. But I'll try changing my settings and see if that works.

But it still makes no difference - in fact, without a definite time (PST) it is even more confusing. And also, as the posts are sometimes muddled chronologically, it would really help to bring back the exact time. Why has this feature been removed? What was the point of removing it?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 9

Hi Nichola,

There has been no change here. The most recent posts will show as "X hours ago," then they start showing as "yesterday" or day of the week they were posted and finally older posts will show dates when they were posted.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
8 of 9

So I was missing something! Thanks Valeria and apologies. Cat Embarassed

9 of 9

@Nichola L wrote:

So I was missing something! Thanks Valeria and apologies. Cat Embarassed

I could have sworn Nichola was right. Let us see if data and time zones appear after some days... It is now 25.03.16, 03:56 PM in Germany .... Woman Surprised

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS