🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Recording uploadable audio through an Android...
Page options
matnikaudio
Community Member

Recording uploadable audio through an Android mobile (Voiceover)

Hi everyone! I've got an issue thats general to audio bods, but probably specific to VO artists. I've tried a dozen or so different audio recorders on Android, but none of the files, MP3 or WAV, are accepted by the uploader.

Annoyingly this means I can't submit quick samples for VO jobs on my phone, I either have to wait until I'm at my studio, or submit without the test script. (I do VO part time and work during the day).

Can any audio types suggest an Android audio recorder that can output files that Upwork will let me upload? Any suggestions appreciated!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
joynul33
Community Member

You can convert the audio file on the web then zip it before send. I hope it will work.

Thanks!

Joynul

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
joynul33
Community Member

You can convert the audio file on the web then zip it before send. I hope it will work.

Thanks!

Joynul

Ah... I didn't think of that! Great idea, thanks!
svenimp
Community Member

I'm not sure what type of file you'd convert it to. I Upload WAV and MP3 files almost exclusively (I'm also a voice artist). Admittedly, I've not tried uploading from an Android voice recorder. Are you able to save your voice files in your Downloads or Documents or another folder independent of the app folder, and then upload them to Upwork from there? I do know that voice aps that I've used for other purposes usually save the recorded file within the app itself. It may be that you are experiencing issues because of that.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members