🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Recruitment related Job
Page options
loknath2026
Community Member

Recruitment related Job

Hello All

Currently I am working on a Recruitment job (Sourcing of Resumes to Selection of the candidate). Based on the discussion with the client through Upwork messenger, I started working on this job and shared some of the Resumes to the client.Client is based at USA  and Presently is not responding to my messages. 
I was worked for this client for hiring of some positions in India.  Problem is without having any offer from the client side I was started working on this job.
Can any one guide me how to compensate for the work I was done. Can I get any help from Upwork support team ?
Please guide me. 

Thanks 

Loknath 

2 REPLIES 2
sofia2008
Community Member

Hi Loknath,

if you started working for the client without a contract (fixed price or hourly), the client might choose not to pay you because you gave him work for free.

Never start working before being formally hired on Upwork.

NikolaS

Hi Loknath,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please know that you shouldn't provide any work until your client sends you an offer and a contract is created under your My Jobs tab. Please note that any request for free work is not allowed on Upwork, and it is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

Please check this post for the freelancer resources and tips for avoiding questionable jobs that we put together to help freelancers make decisions whether to work with a client or not. 

It is always good to communicate and politely explain everything to your client to avoid any misunderstanding. You can discuss the terms of further engagement on the contract and attempt to resolve the situation amicably.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members