🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Red badge - Top Rated Plus. Is it really ...
Page options
european74
Community Member

Red badge - Top Rated Plus. Is it really good for clients?

I did not get the red badge . I have one big client. Also I've earned more than 5k $ in last 12 months from the client. But it wasnt one big project.  Total I've earned from the client about $23k in a few years time. There were many projects.

The good news for clients is:

★★★ I'M TOP RATED FREELANCER WITH AFFORDABLE PRICES ★★★

Perhaps I should rise my hourly rate up ($25)?

4 REPLIES 4
robin_hyman
Community Member

Congrats on being Top Rated. Never promote you're affordable. And never use that as your first line on your profile. 

Cheap work = below par work. That's my perception. 

Robin H wrote:

Congrats on being Top Rated. Never promote you're affordable. And never use that as your first line on your profile. 

I think there's a big difference between being cheap and being affordable - $25 isn't really a low-ball rate. I don't see anything wrong with promoting yourself as being good value for the money.

Robin H wrote:

Maybe you are right.  Any idea? Do you have any catchy slogan in the tough time?

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Mariusz O wrote:

I did not get the red badge . I have one big client. Also I've earned more than 5k $ in last 12 months from the client. But it wasnt one big project.  Total I've earned from the client about $23k in a few years time. There were many projects.

The good news for clients is:

★★★ I'M TOP RATED FREELANCER WITH AFFORDABLE PRICES ★★★

Perhaps I should rise my hourly rate up ($25)?

I'm in the same boat - the minimum earning does have to be on one contract, unfortunately. But yes, I think you can go to $25/hour. What's the worst that can happen? You could always lower it again, if necessary.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members