🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Reduced Job Success Score and Rising Talent B...
Page options
umairnawaz4u
Community Member

Reduced Job Success Score and Rising Talent Badge Disappeared

Hello, Greetings

I am an active freelancer on UpWork for the last 5 months. I use to work on both hourly and fixed price projects in the field of Computer Vision and Machine Learning. After 4 months of success, I got a Rising Talent badge and a JSS of 84%. But unfortunately, the RT badge has disappeared suddenly. Also, my job success score has been reduced to 80% even I had completed a job in my last week. I had 2 inactive hourly contracts for which 1 of them is paused by the client while for the other, the client doesn't have any work to provide yet. Also, I haven't sent any proposal in my last week as well. So is the RT badge disappearance and JSS reduction because of the inactive contract and not sending a proposal or is there any other factor that hasn't been met. 

Also, I'll be very glad if someone could share some tips as well to increase my JSS score and regain the RT badge as well.

Looking forward to your kind responses.

Thanks
Umair

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Umair N wrote:

But unfortunately, the RT badge has disappeared suddenly.

You can't have a RT badge and a JSS. Those are mutually exclusive. Once a freelancer gets a JSS, the RT status automatically vanishes.

Umair N wrote:

So is the RT badge disappearance and JSS reduction because of the inactive contract

No, inactive contracts have no effect on your JSS in any way, ever. You had poor private feedback which is what caused your JSS to drop. 

Umair N wrote:

I'll be very glad if someone could share some tips as well to increase my JSS score and regain the RT badge as well.

The only way to increase your JSS is to complete contracts perfectly and get great public and private feedback.

You can't get RT stars back at all because you have a JSS.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Umair N wrote:

Hello, Greetings

I am an active freelancer on UpWork for the last 5 months. I use to work on both hourly and fixed price projects in the field of Computer Vision and Machine Learning. After 4 months of success, I got a Rising Talent badge and a JSS of 84%. But unfortunately, the RT badge has disappeared suddenly. Also, my job success score has been reduced to 80% even I had completed a job in my last week. I had 2 inactive hourly contracts for which 1 of them is paused by the client while for the other, the client doesn't have any work to provide yet. Also, I haven't sent any proposal in my last week as well. So is the RT badge disappearance and JSS reduction because of the inactive contract and not sending a proposal or is there any other factor that hasn't been met. 

Also, I'll be very glad if someone could share some tips as well to increase my JSS score and regain the RT badge as well.

Looking forward to your kind responses.

Thanks
Umair

All completely unrelated. A bad JSS comes from bad private feedback. Once you have a JSS, rising talent disappears. 

Thanks, Martina.

Can you please share how can the JSS be improved and how can the effect of poor private feedback be avoided as till now all my clients seem to have satisfied by my work and they do provide good public feedback except for the one which was the very first one. 

petra_r
Community Member

Umair N wrote:

But unfortunately, the RT badge has disappeared suddenly.

You can't have a RT badge and a JSS. Those are mutually exclusive. Once a freelancer gets a JSS, the RT status automatically vanishes.

Umair N wrote:

So is the RT badge disappearance and JSS reduction because of the inactive contract

No, inactive contracts have no effect on your JSS in any way, ever. You had poor private feedback which is what caused your JSS to drop. 

Umair N wrote:

I'll be very glad if someone could share some tips as well to increase my JSS score and regain the RT badge as well.

The only way to increase your JSS is to complete contracts perfectly and get great public and private feedback.

You can't get RT stars back at all because you have a JSS.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths