🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Refer a client? How? Why?
Page options
tech_bee
Community Member

Refer a client? How? Why?

Hello Everyone,
Hope everybody is safe and dong great.
I am a freelancer on Upwork with 3 projects done so far. I want to know if Upwork has a 'refer a friend' or 'invite a client' type program. I have read somewhere that if I invite my outside/direct clients to Upwork and work for them through Upwork then we can save Upwork fees. 
Can someone guide me through the step of how can I invite my client to create a buyer/employer account on Upwork and enlist detailed benefits that we both can get from this referral/invite thing.
I shall be highly thankful for a quick response.
Regards.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Adnan,

There is no referral program available. However, you can use Direct Contracts and manage contracts in the Upwork platform with clients that don't have an Upwork account. You can check out this help article for more information.

If you are a Top Rated or Rising Talent freelancers, you can also use the Bring Your Own Client program and have a 0% fee on the contract with that client.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

There are no incentives to refer clients or other freelancers to Upwork. Quite the contrary - if you don't live in America and don't want to lose money on exchange rates (since there's no option to charge anything other than U.S. dollars), then you're better off keeping your client away from Upwork.

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Adnan,

There is no referral program available. However, you can use Direct Contracts and manage contracts in the Upwork platform with clients that don't have an Upwork account. You can check out this help article for more information.

If you are a Top Rated or Rising Talent freelancers, you can also use the Bring Your Own Client program and have a 0% fee on the contract with that client.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks a lot Aleksandar for quick response.
Where can I get Bring your own client program. I don't see an option in my profile or anywhere.
Thanks again!

petra_r
Community Member

Adnan S wrote:

Thanks a lot Aleksandar for quick response.
Where can I get Bring your own client program. I don't see an option in my profile or anywhere.

As Alexnder pointed out, that is available only to Top Rated and Rising Talent Freelancers. You're currently neither.

tech_bee
Community Member

Thanks Petra!
What can I do to be Rising Talent Freelancer or Top Rated?

Regards,
- Adnan

petra_r
Community Member

Adnan S wrote:

What can I do to be Rising Talent Freelancer or Top Rated?

Top Rated 

Rising Talent

Hi @Aleksandar,
I've top rated badge on my profile. Where I can find to send a referal link to my client?

Hi Musaddiq,

I'll share your interested with the team and they'll reach out to you with the link you could use to bring your client to Upwork.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,
Thanks for your help.

I have achieved Top-rated badge and still I couldn't find "bring your client" anywhere in my profile as you mentioned. Can you help me with that? I need my refer link that I can send to my outside clients and ask them to join Upwork so we can save fees over Upwork,

Thanks!
Adnan

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Adnan,

A member of the team has reached out to you with your personal link and more information about this program a while ago. If you aren’t able to see the email you should also be able to access the ticket directly here.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

deleted, I responded to an ancient post...

Hi ~

I can't access to Bring Your Own Client program.

Can you please help me with this?

Thank you ~

Hi Nayeemur,

I've shared your details with the team. One of our agents will reach out to you with your unique link and more information about the program. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
df98dd97
Community Member

Hello!

I have got a rising talent badge and I want to bring a client to Upwork from outside Upwork Plateform through BYOC (bring your own client). Please guide me regarding the referral link and how can I get it.

Thank You!

Hi Shoaib,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If you have not received a personal invitation link, please feel free to email BringYourClient@upwork.com and they'll be happy to provide it for you.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths