cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referring potential client to friend outside of Upwork

gilliansanger
Ace Contributor

I was recently invited to interview for a job that I do not have the qualifications for; however, I know someone who I feel would be the perfect fit for this client. Am I able to refer the client to this freelancer who does not work via Upwork? I don't imagine this would be any violation of the terms of service, but I just wanted to check here first to see if anyone has any knowledge about this.

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Guru

Gillian S wrote:

I was recently invited to interview for a job that I do not have the qualifications for; however, I know someone who I feel would be the perfect fit for this client. Am I able to refer the client to this freelancer who does not work via Upwork? I don't imagine this would be any violation of the terms of service, but I just wanted to check here first to see if anyone has any knowledge about this.

As long as the contract is done via Upwork (if the client uses the "bring my own freelancer" function to hire your friend) it is ok.

If not, it isn't.

tlbp
Community Guru

Never get caught doing anything that drains a drop of revenue o revenue (or potential revenue) from Upwork. 😉

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS