🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Refund Affect on JSS
Page options
tarun_vij
Community Member

Refund Affect on JSS

Hello everyone,

I am new on Upwork and start actively working in January. In February month I worked on two projects but stuck on one and I think I can't complete that project. The client doesn't define his requirements completely before starting the project, and when I start he disclose the goal. However, I tried hard to complete the task but I know that task could be very difficult and even I will do it's worth more than the current fixed price payment.

Now I am planning for a full refund. As of now, I completed total 5 jobs, and my JSS not calculated yet. I want to know if I give a full refund will it affect my JSS whenever it's calculated.

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Tarun V wrote:

Now I am planning for a full refund. As of now, I completed total 5 jobs, and my JSS not calculated yet. I want to know if I give a full refund will it affect my JSS whenever it's calculated.

You haven't completed 5, you have completed 3, the 2 that show as closed on your profile and the one with 4 stars and unpleasant feedback which you already refunded back in January. Then you have 3 open contracts. 

A refund has no effect on the JSS at all by itself, but the (private) feedback of clients you refund does. You need to be more careful what contracts you accept. When you get a JSS, it will be severely impacted by 2 poor outcomes.

Yes, Petra that 4 stars Job and another one more or less the similar reason that's why I refund them.

I got your point. from the next time, I will be very careful before accepting any contract.

Are you sure about this? I am planning to refund a small amount to one of my clients and end the contract because we have communication gap,he is quite bad with ENGLISH. That's why.
Will this effect my JSS?!

Making a refund will not help the JSS, that just removes public feedback. Private feedback still stays and affects the JSS.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members