🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Refund/ Cancel contract
Page options
90df6bca
Community Member

Refund/ Cancel contract

Hello everyone, I have a question. I am working on a project but the client wants to not pay me and cancel fixed price job contract. If I will refund the payment to the client and cancel the contract. Is this thing will effect on my job success score?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

re: "Unless the client is annoyed because the freelancer could not deliver what he promised."

That is a valid general observation.

This particular freelancer is saying that it is the client who wants to end the project and not pay the freelancer. So I am assuming that the client decided to save money by not moving forward, and I am assuming that the client will be grateful when the freelancer helps him do so.

If my assumptions about the situation are incorrect, and if the client is perturbed by poor freelancer performance, then you are correct... even agreeing to an escrow refund may not shield the freelancer from negative JSS impact.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Is this thing will effect on my job success score?"

Refunding does NOT hurt JSS.

If anything, it will help you, because you are being cool and helpful, and client feedback will reflect client's appreciation.

Preston H wrote:

re: "Is this thing will effect on my job success score?"

Refunding does NOT hurt JSS.

If anything, it will help you, because you are being cool and helpful, and client feedback will reflect client's appreciation.

Unless the client is annoyed because the freelancer could not deliver what he promised. 

re: "Unless the client is annoyed because the freelancer could not deliver what he promised."

That is a valid general observation.

This particular freelancer is saying that it is the client who wants to end the project and not pay the freelancer. So I am assuming that the client decided to save money by not moving forward, and I am assuming that the client will be grateful when the freelancer helps him do so.

If my assumptions about the situation are incorrect, and if the client is perturbed by poor freelancer performance, then you are correct... even agreeing to an escrow refund may not shield the freelancer from negative JSS impact.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths