🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Refund Information for Money In Escrow
Page options
joanna_techc
Community Member

Refund Information for Money In Escrow

Hello!

I have an ongoing contract with a client which became unresponsive. I would like to close the contract as it seems that the clients does not have a clear idea upon what he is looking for  and he does not give proper instructions. There are some money in escrow and I would like to know if the money will be automatically refunded to him once I close the contract or I have to make further steps to refund it myself?

Thank you in advance! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Adina P wrote:

I have an ongoing contract with a client which became unresponsive. I would like to close the contract as it seems that the clients does not have a clear idea upon what he is looking for  and he does not give proper instructions. There are some money in escrow and I would like to know if the money will be automatically refunded to him once I close the contract or I have to make further steps to refund it myself?

Yes, it will just go back to the client automatically.

Have you been paid anything (ever) under the contract?

Because a contract closed with nothing (ever) paid will likely hurt your JSS.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Adina P wrote:

Yes, it will just go back to the client automatically.

Have you been paid anything (ever) under the contract?

Because a contract closed with nothing (ever) paid will likely hurt your JSS.

No, I didn't get paid. So my JSS will be affected?

Adina P wrote:

No, I didn't get paid. So my JSS will be affected?

Most likely.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths