🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Refund Query
Page options
benwilsonuk
Community Member

Refund Query

Hello,

I did some work last year for a client which was completed and i was paid for. This was an ongoing contract and it was never officially 'closed'. Earlier this year, I was contacted by the client to do more work for him in the same contract.

This was during the middle of the covid situation which made the job much harder. In early July, I contacted the client to ask a question about the work and was never responded to. This question needed to be answered and was essential to me continuing so I didn't do anymore on that particular job.

After receiving no more info from the client, the client has (out of the blue) requested a large refund. 

As this latest job is only partially completed, I am confused as to why the client is even asking for a refund. Does Upwork usually support freelancers in this situation? 

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Ben W wrote:

I did some work last year for a client which was completed and i was paid for. This was an ongoing contract and it was never officially 'closed'. Earlier this year, I was contacted by the client to do more work for him in the same contract.

This was during the middle of the covid situation which made the job much harder. In early July, I contacted the client to ask a question about the work and was never responded to. This question needed to be answered and was essential to me continuing so I didn't do anymore on that particular job.

After receiving no more info from the client, the client has (out of the blue) requested a large refund. 

Is there currently any money in Escrow?

When did the last payment happen? (Invoice date, which is when you last received the funds)

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members