🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Refund and Feedback
Page options
leflis
Community Member

Refund and Feedback

Hello

I had a contract where the client wanted something done, halfway through he changed his mind and stopped the contract.

I said I was sorry and offered a refund.

My question is .. Is there a way to give a refund and remove the contract as though it never existed? This way I wont get bad feedback. If Im going to get bad feedback anyway, Id rather just keep the money anyway.

Contract ID 

Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Matthew L wrote:

What happens if I never give feedback. Will his eventually show up on my profile.

Yes, after 14 days.

Matthew L wrote:

Will contracts where feedback is not provided by the freelancer, does that hurt the JSS as well?

Yes, all that matters is the feedback left by the client.

Why do you think your client left poor feedback? Did you leave out something in your account of what happened?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

If you give a full refund then no public feedback will appear on your profile, but if the client leaves private feedback then yes, it will impact your JSS. Personally, I wouldn't give a full refund if the client merely "changed his mind"; I'd charge for whatever work I'd already done.

Thank you Christine.

So it looks like my JSS will be affected either way.

What happens if I never give feedback. Will his eventually show up on my profile.

Will contracts where feedback is not provided by the freelancer, does that hurt the JSS as well?

petra_r
Community Member

Matthew L wrote:

Yes, after 14 days.

Matthew L wrote:

Yes, all that matters is the feedback left by the client.

Why do you think your client left poor feedback? Did you leave out something in your account of what happened?

leflis
Community Member

It was agreed upon that I would design a new shopify theme after a few hours of work I asked him to look at the progress. He said he didnt like it and he want me to use the rest of the time on something else. This part I told him I dont think I have a solution for. 

so only the time was charged for work that I did and that he agreed that I do.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members