🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Refund and feedback
Page options
alexandru_groapa
Community Member

Refund and feedback

Hi to everyone.

As a freelancer, when the job is in progress and it has 2 milestones (1 paid), if you make a refund for the first part and end the contract, will the client be able to leave a public feedback?

Thanks in advance:) 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Alexandru G wrote:

Got it. 
If I refund second milestone and the first one not, in this case client has the opportunity to leave a public feedback?

Yes.

Alexandru G wrote:

How is Rising talent affected ? Will it dissapear , same question for JSS.

If you refund the 2nd milestone the first one remains, so it does not become a " nothing paid" contract.

Most likely outcomes for the various possibilities:

• If your client leaves positive feedback, your Rising Talent status stays intact, and your future JSS will be positively affected.
  • If your client leaves poor feedback, your Rising Talent status almost certainly goes away, and your future JSS will be negatively affected.
  • If your client leaves no feedback, your Rising Talent status stays intact, and your future JSS will be not be affected either way.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
petra_r
Community Member

Alexandru G wrote:

when the job is in progress and it has 2 milestones (1 paid), if you make a refund for the first part and end the contract, will the client be able to leave a public feedback?

No, there will be no public feedback, but private feedback can be left.

You will almost certainly lose your Rising Talent status and when you get your JSS, this will be significantly affected too.

Got it. 
If I refund second milestone and the first one not, in this case client has the opportunity to leave a public feedback?

May thanks, it's helpful!

Alexandru G wrote:

Got it. 

Yes.

Alexandru G wrote:

If you refund the 2nd milestone the first one remains, so it does not become a " nothing paid" contract.

Most likely outcomes for the various possibilities:

• If your client leaves positive feedback, your Rising Talent status stays intact, and your future JSS will be positively affected.
  • If your client leaves poor feedback, your Rising Talent status almost certainly goes away, and your future JSS will be negatively affected.
  • If your client leaves no feedback, your Rising Talent status stays intact, and your future JSS will be not be affected either way.

Very helpfull, thanks!!

Why are you thinking about giving a refund? Was your work not up to par? Was it half done, full of errors or shoddy? Are  you being threatened with negative feedback if you don't refund. (that's a trick scam clients use to get free work.)

Thinking of a refund , because everytime I submit the work for payment the client is unsatified with something. When I try to figure out what's the problem, I get back rude messages telling me that the portfolio I showed when I was hired does not correspond with the work I did. 

So, I can't work with rude people, that's why I'm thinking about a refund. 

Alexandru G wrote:

Thinking of a refund , because everytime I submit the work for payment the client is unsatified with something. When I try to figure out what's the problem, I get back rude messages telling me that the portfolio I showed when I was hired does not correspond with the work I did. 

Well it sounds like you won't be working with this one anymore anyway. 

If you did the work, you tried to do it well, and they don't like how it turned out then I don't see why you would issue a refund, barring some Upwork machination I don't understand.  I would think they are going to bang you on the feedback regardless so you might as well get paid.

I'm going to try for the last time to make some changes in my work.

So Mark, in Your opinion it's better not to make a refund and end the contract with only one milestone done ? (2nd it's not done, the main problem is here) 

Yes, it is better not to do a refund.

Alexandru G wrote:

I'm going to try for the last time to make some changes in my work.

So Mark, in Your opinion it's better not to make a refund and end the contract with only one milestone done ? (2nd it's not done, the main problem is here) 

Yes.  I would not give a refund on work that I did that was accepted.  

I would try to make it work as well, I would hold my temper, and if they stay belligerent then I would politiely suggest they cancel the contract.

Thank You , sounds logically!

Alexandru G wrote:

Do NOT refund. This client sounds like a scammer. They are playing with you because you are new and new freelances are easily manipulated. It sounds like this client is hoping you will get tired of the endless edits and just give up and refund everything, and in doing that the client will get their work for free. The rudeness comes from a bad client, not a professional client.  

Do one or 2 edits on some easy  minor things and just keep resubmitting it. Eventually, the client will give up on his attempts. Do not let him get the best of you. and Stop thinking about any refunds. 

Many thanks for Your opinion. It helps me continue working:)

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members