🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Refund connect credits
Page options
sydneyphi
Community Member

Refund connect credits

I have a new account on Upwork. While looking around the site and seeing how the propsal process works, I mistakenly submitted a proposal and immediately withdrew it but it cost me connect credits.

I would like to get these connect credits back and couldn't find any way to do that on this site! Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
joansands
Community Member

Sydney, you won't get those connects back.

michael_skaggs
Community Member

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062898-Using-Connects

Connects may also be returned under the following circumstances:

• If a project is canceled by the client without making a hire, the Connects used on that proposal will be returned to you for reuse. This does not apply to expired job posts.
  • If a job post has been removed by Upwork for a Terms of Service violation, the Connects used on that proposal will be returned for you to reuse.

Note: Withdrawing your proposal will not return your Connects.

mtngigi
Community Member

Sydney S wrote:

I have a new account on Upwork. While looking around the site and seeing how the propsal process works, I mistakenly submitted a proposal and immediately withdrew it but it cost me connect credits.

I would like to get these connect credits back and couldn't find any way to do that on this site! Thanks in advance!

There are only two instances that you get your connects back:

1) If a project is canceled by the client without making a hire. This does not apply to expired job posts.

2) If a job post has been removed by Upwork for a Terms of Service violation.

There is no point in withdrawing your bids.

ETA: Michaeil beat me to it.

Sydney:

There is nothing wrong with learning by doing. That is how many of us learn.

Don't worry about a refund. Just keep in mind what you learned and use that as you move forward.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths