Refund connects when application's withdrawn, please

Amir A Member Since: Aug 14, 2019
11 of 116
I buy 12$ connect plan by mistaken and I want 0.15$ plan
How can I refund please tell me..
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
12 of 116

Hi Amir,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your connects. Thank you.

Untitled
Lisa D Member Since: Aug 19, 2010
13 of 116
There are no refunds from Upwork. You can sell them to another contractor.
Upwork guarantees that every contractor gets to see where to bid no refund.
Dollarama people exist on Upwork.

L.
Atif A Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
16 of 116

They will pay no heed to your reasonable depends. It's like take it or leave it. This time leave it will be oDesk. 

Ace Contributor
Charles C Member Since: Mar 26, 2015
23 of 116

You asking freelancers to pass tests, fight agains each other, place lower bids. Why?

I shall pay taxes 10% to you, 10% to goverment and now additional 10$ to place bids?

Capitalism my man. It costs to advertise. Your government only charges you 10% taxes? Dang I am in the wrong country. I am on about 45% income tax on what I made (before crafty deductions of course), 8% sales tax on anything I buy, and taxed every year on cars, boats, and property.

Ace Contributor
Dejan H Member Since: Jan 29, 2015
16 of 116

I already wrote about that 5 times, but they always ignored me. I propose a 3-day policy (3 days to hire someone). When the deadline is reach, client should be penalized and our connects should be returned. 

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
17 of 116

Dejan H wrote:

I already wrote about that 5 times, but they always ignored me. I propose a 3-day policy (3 days to hire someone). When the deadline is reach, client should be penalized and our connects should be returned. 

Dejan, I'm sure you and I aren't the only ones who asked for this, but, maybe no one pointed out to oDesk before that getting connect refunds when withdrawing applications will make everyone else's applications 'stand out', because that's the first reason oDesk gives for why connects benefit freelancers.

18 of 116

First of all, withdrawing connects does not auotomatically help other bids stand out; the cover letter does.

This letter, is to help upwork to reach their 10B goal: 1) don't give too much time for a client to finalize a freelancer, 2) once the client hires someone, release the connects of other freelancers. This way there will be more "turnover" of connects.

Just carry out a survey; how many freelancers really go for buying more bids? how many jobs get filled quickly? how many jobs go on unfilled due to lack of a " good fit " talent? a good fit talent's connects may been locked somewhere.

Bottomline: Any good marketing MBA (hired by upwork.com) can tell upwork, that upwork can make more money, if more and more proposals are finalized, instead of waiting for the freelancers to exahaust there connects, and buy more.

Conserve and recycle the connects --That's the way to go to 10B goal.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
19 of 116

@John K wrote:

@Dejan H wrote:

Dejan, I'm sure you and I aren't the only ones who asked for this, but, maybe no one pointed out to oDesk before that getting connect refunds when withdrawing applications will make everyone else's applications 'stand out', because that's the first reason oDesk gives for why connects benefit freelancers.

It seems a bit disingenuous to say that you want this feature for clients who never hire anyone and then say that it will benefit the other freelancers. Standing out doesn't help a whole lot with a client who isn't actually going to hire. 

Kishor C Member Since: Dec 14, 2015
20 of 116

I have been wronged in many proposals I sent accoess. But still I think, a week is OK to finalize a freelancer. 3days would be a too little Smiley Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS