cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund connects when application's withdrawn!

Alaa E Member Since: Mar 6, 2017
1 of 13

I Have wasted a lot of connects on clients who never respond to any freelancer , the jop stays more than 1 month without hiring , any way to get my connects back ??

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 13

Hi Alaa,

Connects are only returned when the job is cancelled by the client or Upwork team without a hire.

While some clients take time to hire on their jobs and often come back to review candidates weeks after they posted a job, postings with no activity for more than 30 days are automatically closed.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Jaloliddin S Member Since: Jan 11, 2017
3 of 13

Why????
80% sumbitted proposals dont reply, dont cancel and their jobs is inactive.
Please include return connects by withdrawn.
Pleasee return function back!!!!!

Community Guru
Charles K Member Since: Mar 6, 2017
4 of 13

1. The purpose of the connect system is to limit how often freelancers can apply to jobs. If you could apply to a job and get connects back upon withdrawing the application, every job would get spammed with 100+ proposals.

2. You are competing against other freelancers all using the same rules. If you got your connects back on a failed proposal, so would they. You could apply more but so they could they, and you'd be no further ahead. Clients would just be buried in (mostly terrible) proposals.

Community Guru
Alexander F Member Since: Mar 10, 2017
5 of 13

They already are.

Upwork needs some sort of quality control. All these fake profiles saying that they are fluent in English when they can't even type 2 sentences is just pathetic. 

Jaloliddin S Member Since: Jan 11, 2017
6 of 13

i spent all my connect during 4 days, because employer doesnt reply and dont cancel my offer.
Now What i should do??? Wait whole month to get connects? Beсause of inactive employer i didt get any job this time!!!

Community Leader
Gabrielle S Member Since: Jan 29, 2017
7 of 13

If you upgrade to Freelancer Plus you get extra connects and can actually buy some if you want. Freelancer Plus is only $10/month.

Mohamed K Member Since: Feb 17, 2019
8 of 13

I have a bit of problem now i have couple of proposal was canceled but upwork didn't refund my connects is there something new happening i don't know about ?

Ace Contributor
Chan M Member Since: Oct 15, 2018
9 of 13

Valeria,

Connects are only returned when the job is cancelled by the client or Upwork team without a hire.

they posted a job, postings with no activity for more than 30 days are automatically closed?

What Connects will be returned after 30 days if automatically closed?

Thanks 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
10 of 13

Chan M wrote:

What Connects will be returned after 30 days if automatically closed?

Connects are not returned for jobs that timed out (were automatically closed)

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS