🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Refund for accidental pay by client
Page options
7c28bcd8
Community Member

Refund for accidental pay by client

Hi,

I just finished a hourly contract and client was happy, so he gave a bonus of $50.But accidently he payed $500 as bonus.I am happy to refund the extra bonus amount but my question is ,If I refund, will deduct exactly 500 from my account.Because effectively I will only be receive around  $430-440 from $500 he payed..then it will be a loss for me.Even If I refund $450 deducting the actual bonus ,he intended to pay .Still , it will short of the amount I receive after upwork commission.Is there a way to stop the bonus altogether?..so that I dont have to pay for the amount I never receive in real.
Please help..

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wescowley
Community Member

When I've given a refund in the past, the service fee on the original amount was returned to me, so it worked out OK.

I would suggest waiting until the bonus clears the security period and makes it to your account. You don't want to return the money and find out the client's payment method was bad.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
wescowley
Community Member

When I've given a refund in the past, the service fee on the original amount was returned to me, so it worked out OK.

I would suggest waiting until the bonus clears the security period and makes it to your account. You don't want to return the money and find out the client's payment method was bad.

Wait until the $500 bonus payment clearly shows up in your account. Then issue a $450 bonus fee.

Upwork will automatically handle fees so that things work out as they should.

Thank you ..Preston for the solution..I have decided to wait..

Thank you..Wes..I will wait like you suggested..

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members